Vitamin E oil & blood circulation& smelly ears?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:01 am

Ok i have 3 kinda unrelated questions.
1.What is the best way to use vitamin e oil? Right now i just massage my ears 1-2 times a day, is threre a better method?
2.What exactly does the blood circulaton in your ears do? Like i heard just rubbing your ears alot will make your ears healthy? idk, what is that all albout?
3.How do you get red of ear smell? Can you use a soap that will help it? Does vitamin E oils help? My girlfriend has this problem &she showers like everyday and takes them out during the shower &cleans her plugs. She is at 2g right now, wearing acrilic tunnels. Will this problem go away as she strechs bigger? Im at 0g and i have no ear smell atall, i dont take out my plugs in the shower and only wipe them off when i do vitamin e rubs. Is she doing something wrong? o.o
If you can help answer 1 or more of these questions id realy apreshate it:] thanks
brutalSKITTLES

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:08 am

I forgot to mention that i also wear acrilic &my ears do smell then i wear steel, even if i shower with them out. Idk if that stuff is important.
brutalSKITTLES

by Nic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:13 am

1. take a small amount of e oil and massage it into ur lobes, this is the best method imo.
2. When u stretch ur ears the problem of circulation get worse an worse as u stretch bigger and basically taking out ur plugs and giving ur ears sum time to relax will help get blood to the bottoms of ur lobes and help keep them healthy and keep them from thinning. Ur ears dont get alot of body heat cuz they are detached so its important to keep em warm duringthe cold seasons.
3. If u clean ur plugs in the shower and let the water run through ur ears regularly, like once a day then ur ears wont smell. Wearing wood plugs will also reduce the smell. U cant get rid of it, ur body naturally has alot of dead skin cells and needs to get rid of them. So just wash regularly an they wont smell.
Hope this helped, Happy stretching =D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by leighmarie » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:51 pm

1. Yeah, I just apply a little to my lobes and fingertips and just give them a good rub :)

2. When you wear jewellery, especially at a large gauge, it puts pressure on the lobe and can restict circulation. At the minumum this can cause thinning of the lobe, and it the very worse can cause the tissue to die.
One of my piercers told me a horror story about a lad he knew who'd stretched too fast, lost all circulation in one of his lobes and it had turned black and died. In the end he had to have all the dead tissue surgically removed. Nice ;)

3. What materials does she use? I've found that acrylic is a lot worse than say metals, and I've heard organics are even better to reduce smell.
(EDIT: Wrote that before I realised Nic had said it! :P)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by Nic » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:48 pm

lol that part about the tissue dying is fuckin scary!
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by brutalSKITTLES » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:13 am

1.Alright thats what im doing, basicly.
2.Ok well if too much circulation happens will they shrink then? Is it possible to get too much circulation? &about the dead tissue thing my friend is always complaing about his lobes being cold in winter when hes not wear a huge thick beanie &his friends lobes turned black but didnt fall off, just like he had to down side and thicken up his lobes i think, i dont remember. xD
3. Shes only worn acrylic but shes proly gunna get some different types to see if they help, would stone work as an organic? cause the local shop only sells stone. Iv heard wood is the best but id have to order som &its pretty pricey..
brutalSKITTLES

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Nic - Yeah, there's a little bit about it on the BME Stretching Wiki:

"Damage can also be done to blood vessels, resulting in a loss of circulation, in which case the tissue may die or become significantly weakened."

As far as I know it's similar to what happens with frostbite.
Frostbitten parts of the body are generally furthest away from the heart, and when they're cold they loose circulation.

Skittles - I don't think it'd ever be possible to have too much circulation. A healthy blood flow and lots of oxygen is what keeps you nice a fleshy, which benefits your ears.

And I've never had any stone plugs myself, so I couldn't tell you from personal experience, you'd have to look it up. I play on getting some Rose Quartz plugs soon though, so I'll find out :)
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:40 pm

leighmarie wrote:As far as I know it's similar to what happens with frostbite.
Frostbitten parts of the body are generally furthest away from the heart, and when they're cold they loose circulation.

It can happen to your stretches here in Canada... When it's cold (-20 celcius; 0 fahrenheit) your gauges can get frostbitten very easily! Big stretched ears have to be careful haha... Like not wearing steel plugs and cover them. That's annoying but you have to do it if you want skiing or snowboarding.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by leighmarie » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Luckily the weather here isn't that extreme, but I know a lot of people avoid metals in Winter.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by stashapistachio » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:46 pm

leighmarie wrote:Luckily the weather here isn't that extreme, but I know a lot of people avoid metals in Winter.

I live in south england.
First sign of really cold weather and I dig out my earmuffs :)

http://news.bmezine.com/2009/01/20/stretched-lobes-and-frostbite-a-cautionary-tale/#more-17167
stashapistachio

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety