FIRST TIME STRETCHED, HEALING QUESTIONS!!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Daesnow » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi, I just stretched for the first time to a 14g, I used Jojoba oil to lube up my taper and put some on my lobe and plug. Then I put the plug in. For some reason, my right ear hurts more than my left. Right now, I can barely feel any pain in my left on and in my right one, it's burning a little. It was also harder to stretch on the right one... is that normal?
Also, should I turn the plug in the hole? My plugs are in surgical steel.

And most important question, how do I take care of my newly stretched ears? Do I take out the plugs (cause I feel like they're going to get back to normal size if I take them off) to clean them? And for the sea salt soaking thing, am I supposed to just put some regular salt in some water and some my ears WITH my plugs or separately?

Thanks!
Daesnow

by mouse2cat » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:19 pm

Ok, first off stretching shouldn't hurt. Ideally you would start stretching with a 16g instead of a 14g. So already you have skipped a size (maybe 2 sizes if you were pierced at 20g). Unfortunately most piercing kits start out with 14g and if you are new to stretching how are you supposed to know?

I actually did the same thing when I started stretching. I would recommend getting a pair of 16g earrings and downsizing. The most common earrings at this size is the captive ball style. Stay at 16g for about a month and then stretch to 14. If you tore your ear and there was any bleeding you should wait longer than that. This is the best option.

If you are unwilling to downsize, Leave it alone long enough to heal the surface at least 3 days before you start taking it out for cleaning. Wait double the amount of time before attempting to stretch again. (at least 2 months)
mouse2cat

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety