Unsure about what to do. Help would be marvelous.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Naisa » Mon May 28, 2012 6:58 pm

This is my first post but I promise this isn't anything extremely crazy. I'm just a really confused girl wondering if this is normal. Please let me know if I'm doing anything and I mean ANYTHING wrong. My ideal is pretty much 8g. I take my time and I don't think I've skipped sizes.

I've had my ears pieced since I was little so I didn't have to get them pierced and what not. I originally started off with 12g in October. (There was no 14g and I would have taken that if I could.) I did not change into a 10g until December. In February, I changed to 8g but found out I was allergic to acrylic. (I have been using metal since then.) But at that time, I took out the 8g completely and decided to let it heal. And now, I'm at a 10g again and the first day or two was fine, but now I'm having tons of lymph fluid. This never really happened to me before but now it kind of worries me. How to I stop or lower the amount of lymph fluid coming out of my lobes? I'm I doing something wrong?
Naisa

by KAISERROLLS » Mon May 28, 2012 9:14 pm

Everything sounds fine besides the fact that most standard ear piercings are 18g, so you skipped 16g and 14g, but its no big deal if you've had them pierced for a while as they naturally stretch a bit. I think your just being super cautious about stretching now :) nothing wrong with that. Lymph is fine it also should reduce in the next week when i was at smaller sizes especially i had lymph build up almost every day for the first week or two of each size, then it went away. Keep it in, and trust your body, you will know when somethings wrong. Good luck! :)
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by Naisa » Mon May 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Thank you! I had my ears pierced since I was 3 months old and did not know the standard was 18g! I learn something new every day. (: I was just worried because I've had excessive amounts of lymph and not only is it something new to me (and a hassle, at that) but I just wanted to be cautious and make sure nothing was truly wrong.
Naisa

by KAISERROLLS » Tue May 29, 2012 1:50 am

Nope, the lymph is what removes toxins from your blood it could be possible that your mildly allergic to what you have in now but not as severe as the acrylic was.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by mouse2cat » Tue May 29, 2012 1:00 pm

If your ears are causing you concern, you can always give them some extra time. It is good that you downsized when you had a reaction. I would recommend looking into glass colorfront plugs. Glass is hypoallergenic and really gentle on the ears. (also cute)

Also if your ears are being fussy, try not to touch them too much.
mouse2cat

by Naisa » Tue May 29, 2012 2:52 pm

Of course! Time is never an issue for me. (: I always treat unknown liquid as a bad thing until I get proper advice. Here is an image to show what I mean.

My left ear seems very happy. Yeah, there's lymph but not much and you can't really tell anyways. Haha. My right ear looks like the unhappier of the two. They don't itch or anything and I don't touch my ears unless I'm showering or using a q-tip to wipe off the excessive lymph.
Naisa

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety