Ear bled after stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by buriedlies » Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 am

Just got back from stretching my ears.

I had 2g and had a professional piercer at a parlor stretch it to a 0g. It is only my left ear that bled, the right ear was fine. The guy was having trouble, but he got it in.. It was bleeding a lot though. He said the bleeding should be fine.. But I heard differently, so Im just asking to make sure.

Is it normal for it to bleed? If not, does that mean I permanently damaged my tissue? Or what?

I heard if it bleeds you should probably downsize, which is fine and Im all right with doing so.. But is the damage already done? Because if so, I don't really see the point in downsizing.

It doesn't really hurt too bad. I just want to make sure the bleeding is normal. It is completely fine now, no bleeding or anything.

Also, I checked my ear, there is no sign whatsoever of a blowout.

Everything is normal besides it bleeding a lot directly after and during the process. Any advice or speculation would be appreciated. Thank you!
buriedlies

by mouse2cat » Thu May 24, 2012 3:45 am

It is NOT normal to bleed. You should stretch your own ears so you can feel when there is too much resistance and stop. Don't ever let someone else stretch your ears and never go back to that person.

As far as "is the damage already done" Yes, a lot of damage has been done but that damage can be seriously reduced/healed if you are willing to take your earrings out and let them heal. Once your ears have healed figure out what size they have shrunk to and slowly carefully stretch back up from there. Leaving your earrings in at this point will insure that you have a lot more scar tissue and will make it more difficult to stretch in the future.

I know you don't want to hear this but DOWNSIZE. Or even better straight up take them out for a couple months.
mouse2cat

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety