A little blood when stretching from 8g to 6g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Kadetten » Wed May 09, 2012 7:26 am

Hi everybody

I just stretched my ears from 8g to 6g this morning - I had a bit of trouble getting the tunnel in my left ear after, so I put the taper through one more time.
After that, there was a tiny amount of blood on it.
It might be because the thread on my tunnel tore a bit on my ear, when I struggled to get it in?
Not a lot of pain or anything - just that warm, stretchy feeling that wears off after a short while.

It's been a month since last stretch.

Should I be worried or just let it rest and clean it with seasalt water tomorrow, as I normally do?
Kadetten

by KAISERROLLS » Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 am

Keep it in and do what you normally do, it sounds like your tunnel tore it, if its gonna rip from the taper it would have done it the first time most likely. And FYI 6 weeks is much better in-between stretches rather than a month. Good luck ask anything else if you have more questions.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by Kadetten » Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 am

Thanks for your answer :)
But I ended up downsizing this morning.

When I cleaned it, it felt sore and warm, so I took the tunnel out and it bled.
So - better safe then sorry, I put back in the 8g.
It already feels way better!

I'll wait a couple of months and try again when everything feels good and ready.

Do I need to buy a tunnel that's threaded on the inside or is there some easy way to get the ones I have in, without ripping it again?

I could use tunnels with o-rings, but I'm allergic to o-rings :roll:
Kadetten

by KAISERROLLS » Thu May 10, 2012 9:50 pm

I think there might be some internally threaded tunnels out there. They also make silicone o-rings that you probably wouldn't be allergic too. Honestly theres no easy way to put externally threaded things in without scraping them against your ear, all I can say to that is go slow and be careful, more than you were the first time ;) Have fun!
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety