Help! Blood & Flap of skin! Warning: Graphic and large photo

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by vdub » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:15 am

Warning: Graphic and large photo!

I've been at a 6g for about two weeks and I've had some double flared plugs. I go to put them in but they dont fit. I give up after the first try, didnt want to risk anything. Promptly did a sea salt soak and went to go put normal plug back in. Single flared with oring on back. It was a really tight fit and i figured they just closed a bit. So i pushed through, and when it did, there was a popping sound, followed by a cool rush of blood (sorry if too graphic). I immediately freak out and take the plug out and dab toilet paper in salt water and wash up. The bleeding doesnt stop, so I fear a blowout and throw an 8g plug in. The thing is, it doesnt hurt, at all. It feels like a compleltely healed piercing. I cant even feel its there. Literally no pain at all. The catch is, there is a flap of skin hanging out the back of my ear with a slow blood drip (like a freshly popped zit). I'm going to the piercer ASAP (its a stretching specialty shop) but for now I'd like to know what you guys think. I'm fearing a blow out. Ive got a picture and it might be a lil graphic for some.

vdub

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:52 pm

The picture doesn't look like a blowout, but it could be a small one. If I were you, I'd just downsize back to 8G or so and wait a while for your lobe to heal up from that to start stretching again. After a few weeks you could start doing oil massages to break down any scar tissue that's been created.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TOFU » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Are you sure that's your skin? Or is it just some pus?
TOFU

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety