downsized but plug is too small.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by phamt240 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:10 am

i impatiently tried to stretch my ears to something alittle bigger than a 4g (5.5mm maybe, i was taping my plugs) too fast. of course my ears tore and im regretting it right now.

my ears were naked for about 3 days. and i dont think the bleeding stop completely. it only bleed when i would clean the area with a cotton swab. i downsized to a 6g. but now when i clean the area, my plugs might possibly fall out due to, im assuming, my gauged ear being too big for the 6g plug.

1. i dont know if i should have left the plug out longer and gone naked. but a scab was forming and i was afraid i couldnt get my plugs in. should i remove my current plug so that my ears can heal better/faster?
2. should i put in a larger plug so that my single flare 6g plug i have in now does not slip out through the flared part?
phamt240

by bradykay90 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

I never had problem like this but ima say keep them clean and if it doesnt bother u to have a 4g i then put them back in also i wouldnt put the single flared back in ill try n find some top hats or a double o-ring plug. Good luck
Last edited by bradykay90 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

by mouse2cat » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I disagree, if it is bleeding and didn't shrink up around the 6g you are probably dealing with a tear, having that tear under pressure might cause more tearing. And will not help your ears heal. Instead of worrying about your 6g falling out just go naked for a week or so. Then check the 6g again and see if that fits.

At that point I would wait about 3 months before attempting to stretch to 4g. It is much better to be careful than to seriously damage your ears.

When you have bleeding you need to treat your ears like a fresh piercing.
mouse2cat

by bradykay90 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Yes i agree with u but also remember tapers are bigger then the jewerly itself so if he put the 4g plug in with no pressure id say he could wear them just keep everyrhing clean daily
My left lobe is 1/2" my right is 00g.
bradykay90

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety