Streching from 2g to 0g ...time to start tapeing?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by brutalSKITTLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 pm

Ok so iv been really impatient stretching my ears up tell now, i started stretching 10days after piercing my ears with a safety pin &i would only wait 1-2days between sizes until 6g then id wait 1-2 weeks at most in between sizes. At 2g i had a minor blow out in my right ear (i say minor cause i saw when it happened and instantly downsized) so i waited for my right ear to heal (waited like 5 days) then dead stretched to 2g. So now both my ears are at 2g and have been for 2 1/2 weeks? and i bought some 0g tapers but im having trouble getting them in even tho i can pull super hard on my ears without even the littlest pain. So i was thinking bout starting taping, i have this pluming tape im probably gonna use. I was just wondering if that would be safer then just shoving the taper in? thanks:]
brutalSKITTLES

by magalo le matelot » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 am

Taping is more gradual than tapers and of course, dead stretching. So yes you should! One or two wraps at a time, once per day.
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 am

You need to wait a LONG time before you even think about stretching again; you stretched waaaay too fast and didn't leave nearly enough time after the piercing (which you never should have done with a safety pin).
If you can order online, there is some 1G jewelry available... you should really consider stopping at that size as there's a 2mm jump between 2G and 0G. But in my opinion you should downsize and be more patient with your stretching.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by brutalSKITTLES » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 am

Ok, soooo i tryed the taping thing, no dice, the plugs went in no problem even after the generous 6 layers of tape i put on them but an hour later they kinda hurt so i went to takeum out, they stuck to the inside of my ears even after some hardcore neosporin lube the hour before. I got the plugs out and didnt put anything in. Ithen called up my cousin and asked about 1g plugs, luckly he had glass pair, got those from him. I poped um in, no pain, no pressure, WTF?.. So i steched to 0g:] little pain/pressure
brutalSKITTLES

by brutalSKITTLES » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:29 am

&corazon, everything you said was good advice, im stupid however and cant do those things, if i have a taper or w/e i have to try and put it in. Its stupid i know, but my ears are strechy and heal fast so i can handle it. I think im going to take a break here however cause my lobes could use a month or two to heal:p
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:50 pm

No pain or pressure is ideal... if you had to stretch you should've stopped there. Just don't stretch anymore for a LONG time (a month or two isn't long enough since you've probably done damage and built up scar tissue). Just be prepared for your lobes to be wrinkly and full of scars.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by brutalSKITTLES » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:52 pm

ok, i plan on waiting a long time, my cousin had a blow out at 00g so i don't want that, but right now i have some really heavy steel tapers in my ears cause i haven't gotten any plugs, so i was wondering about how that will affect my ears healing. Is it possible the heavy taper is already kinda stretching my ears? cause these things are ridiculously heavy.
brutalSKITTLES

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:32 am

Tapers are tools, not jewelry... so yeah, they can cause problems. They can get knocked around, especially when you sleep, which can put too much pressure on the hole and lead to a blowout. And blowouts can happen at any size, not just bigger ones.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by brutalSKITTLES » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:25 am

ehh ok, so iv had too keep the tapers in cause i havent been able to go buy plugs yet, but the whole back of my ear looks ripped like around the fistula[spelling?] its gross.. like my ears are becomeing zombies. do you know why this is? &im buying plugs, what would be ideal?
brutalSKITTLES

by brutalSKITTLES » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:26 am

ehh ok, so iv had too keep the tapers in cause i havent been able to go buy plugs yet, but the whole back of my ear looks ripped like around the fistula[spelling?] its gross.. like my ears are becomeing zombies. do you know why this is? &im buying plugs, what would be ideal?
brutalSKITTLES

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety