Keloids?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by KAISERROLLS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:58 pm

So I know this has nothing to do with stretched ears, but im looking for some help about 2-3 weeks ago I got this bump on the front of the back hole on my industrial, Is it a keloid? Its hard to the touch, and regular skin colored. It was kind of purpleish a few days ago when i was picking at it. If it is a keloid can i remove it?

Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Keloids are very rare, and people who get them on piercings are people who are prone to them anyway. Yours is most likely hypertrophic scarring or what many people just call "the bump," and it's super common with cartilage piercings.

Sea salt soaks will help them, as well as hot compresses with a chamomile tea bag. Also, consider changing your jewelry to two separate bars as it heals to reduce pressure (pressure from jewelry is usually what causes the bump, and because the bars in industrials are so long it's even more common).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by KAISERROLLS » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 am

Yeah im going to start doing that, ive left it in and saw the doctor about it, and its not getting any bigger, they said it was just the bump that comes with some cartilage piercings, and that it was most likely caused by irritation from pressure of sleeping on it. The darn thing is taking forever to heal so im going to put two 3/8 barbells in it when they come in, and start doing the chamomile compresses and e oil. Now another question, if i reduce the pressure will it go away or is that thing a scar you think? Its kinda squishy not scar like at all.
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 08, 2012 4:36 am

Sounds like you've got everything under control! Those bumps do go away on their own; I've had many on various cartilage piercings and none have lasted very long at all.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety