Tape!?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Omgduhangie » Thu May 27, 2010 7:02 am

What Do People Use Tape For!? I Keep Hearing People Talking About Using Tape For Their Ears! Can Someone Please Explain To Me? Thanks In Advance! (:
Peace, Love, & Harmony!
Omgduhangie

by corazon_de_oro » Thu May 27, 2010 8:10 pm

Some people prefer wrapping layers of plumber's tape around their plugs to stretch their ears instead of using tapers. It's cheaper, and it's good for larger sizes when tapers are harder to get or really expensive. It's also more gradual so it's easier on your ears.
I've never really been successful with tape so I've just used tapers and dead-stretching (which means just popping the next size in with no stretching tools) but some people really like it and wouldn't use any other method.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Omgduhangie » Thu May 27, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh That Sounds Cool! (: I Wanna Try That. Do You Know How To Do It!? :D
Peace, Love, & Harmony!
Omgduhangie

by corazon_de_oro » Fri May 28, 2010 12:10 am

Go to a hardware store and get some plumber's tape... it's usually white and has no adhesive glue on it. Make sure whatever you get doesn't have any adhesives because that can be bad for your ears. Plumber's tape should only be anywhere from 99 cents to $2.
People go at different paces when stretching with it but make sure it's never painful or really hard to get in. Wrap the tape around the plugs; you can do one layer every day, two layers every other day, one layer every other day, etc. Make sure you keep it well oiled with something like jojoba or emu oil so it doesn't stick to your lobes.
This guide probably explains it better than I can: bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/showthread.php/8332-Stretching-Guide-and-All-Questions-Regarding-It
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Nic » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 pm

corazon is right that thr plumbers tape is best for da ears but if u haveetrouble with that i would try electrical tape.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by vdub » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Don't even touch electrical tape. The only thing worse is scotch tape.

Bondage tape is where its at. I mean, it's made specifically for human skin, and has no adhesives.

bondagetape.com/cart.php
vdub

by Tom » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:31 pm

teflon tape (aka plumbers tape) works well

i haven't seen bondage tape before.. sweet ill have to check that stuff out
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by stashapistachio » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:25 am

I tape.

PTFE/teflon/plumbers tape is great for me. Just keep it lubed.
Bondage tape works too. But its expensive, and you have to cut it down cause its so wide. I wouldn't bother with it unless you have some anyway. Its also a teeny bit thicker.

I add a layer every other day. But some add every day, some once a week.
stashapistachio

by Nic » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:17 am

urg, im sorry everybody but quit bashing electrical tape. It is perfectly fine to use as long as u take ur plugs out every day and wipe them off. I used them from like 9/16 to 3/4 an now im taping to 7/8. No problems, no blowout, no nothing. Perfectly ok to use
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by brutalSKITTLES » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:16 am

Is teflon/plumers tape the same material as bondage tape cause the plumers tape didnt work for me so i was thinking bout trying bondage tape, but it looks alot the same.
brutalSKITTLES

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety