Got pierced 4 days ago!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Mountains » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 am

Got pierced at 14g by a professional. Not just trying to keep it nice and clean. I also wanted to ask a few questions. First, I've been cleaning it with quick (2 min usually but just now 5 min) salt water soak, dabbing it off with clean cotton balls, blasted around the barbell balls with simple saline and taking a damp cold coth wiping my ear down. That is happening 2 times (1 time the other day) a day. Although I do mess with them a little bit, I try not to twist.
How am I doing so far and should I continue throughout the 2 weeks?
I'm guessing that 6 months is the minimun to start stretching, am I right?
Thanks for your time,
George :D
Image WASHINGTON
Currently at 14g. Goal size somewhere around 1/2"
Mountains

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Congrats on your new piercings! Your cleaning routine sounds pretty good, although you might wanna skip the cotton balls/wiping them with a cloth. Messing with them that much might cause irritation or delay healing. Also, make sure your soaks aren't too salty, no more than 1/4 teaspoon per one cup water.

6 months is the recommended amount of time to begin stretching, although you may not need that long or you could need longer. I think I did my first stretch at like 5 1/2 months. But also, if you still feel a lot of resistance after six months, wait longer.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety