Advice?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Z_of_Mayhem » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:27 am

So yesterday night I put in these:
My ears are a bit sore cause I rushed it a bit and I was wondering if I should take them out to clean them or anything. What should I do?
Z_of_Mayhem

by arexabender » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 am

it's natural for them to be a bit sore. as long as it's not bleeding and youre not in excruciating pain, you should leave them be and keep your hands away from them (unless they are clean) for a day or two. until then you can clean around the area using antibacterial soap. after that initial day or two you should be able to take them out and clean the whole, with antibacterial soap as well. if you're going to stretch further it'd be a good investment to buy some holey butter or vitamin e oil to keep everything moisturized and elastic.
piercings:
1/2" lobes
2nd lobe piercings (20g)
1 helix piercing (14g)
septum (16 or 18g)

past piercings:
nostril (18g)
anti tragus (14g)
2 other helix piercings (18g)

goal lobe size:
<3 7/8" <3
arexabender

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 pm

^ Antibacterial soap should never be used. All it will do is dry your piercings out, kill healthy cells, and delay healing. You should never have any soreness when stretching, and if you do you need to downsize.

This thread is a few weeks old so I don't know if you're still even on the boards, but if you are you should really consider using jewelry other than acrylic pinchers, or anything acrylic. Your best bet is a taper and a pair of steel/glass/titanium single-flare or no-flare plugs. It's okay if the taper is acrylic since it'll only be in for a few seconds anyway. Never leave tapers, pinchers, etc. in fresh stretches because they move around too much, are oddly shaped and can put pressure on the fistula, making blowouts more likely.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety