Not sure if this is a blowout

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by LustKoaru » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:28 pm

I have not gauged my ear in months. I would say the last time I did was around October. I have been taking care of mine since then. I have been at a 00g for this time. well this morning I woke up and my wife seen my ear and didn't know what was so I took a picture of it. I thought blowout, but what I heard was that it is only when you gauge too fast that blowouts happen? My ear has never been like this before. Plus I cannot take it out because its so swollen. I am confused on whether or not this is a blowout or some form of infection.

Any Help is appreciated. :?:

I can put a picture when I can get it on my laptop
LustKoaru

by Michael shireman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:37 am

Do you wash them regularly? And post a pic ASAP. Lol that will help a lot (:
Current mods: 1 1/8ths inch lobes , 14g (right) labret

Vocalist for a progressive doom/death metal band called crossing the abyss \m/
Michael shireman

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:25 am

Have you been wearing any new jewelry, especially double-flare? What about heavy stuff like spirals? 00G can be 9mm or 10mm so you could have stretched without even knowing it. It could also have started out as a tiny one you didn't notice a long time ago. Blowouts can actually even occur from something as simple as putting your jewelry in, although it's rare. I agree, a picture would be helpful.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by LustKoaru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:21 pm

here is a picture http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19001636/IMG_20 ... 110800.jpg

they are double flared. I haven't took them out but I do wash them regurely. it look too neat. I am thinking it is swollen. I don't know. I can't get the thing out though. they are stone which is really light too.
LustKoaru

by Aurasoulful » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:12 pm

That is definitely a blowout. :( I think you should downsize or go naked for awhile. You might want to go to a pro piercer to help you remove the plug. I'm new to stretching, so I know Corazon and everyone else has better detailed advice. Good luck
Aurasoulful

by LustKoaru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm

thanks. I have been afraid of that. I don't have the money at the moment. so I will try to remove it. I still don't know what happened. though. it just got like this over night. I'm always ocd and make sure my ears are ok.. thanks for that
LustKoaru

by LustKoaru » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I was able totals it out. I used a lubricant. It seems better. I don't know much about blowouts. But thanks for all the help
LustKoaru

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 am

Yep, that's a blowout. If I were you I'd go down at least a couple sizes, and do oil massages every single day. Go naked if you can.

By the way, where'd you get those plugs? I'm at 00G and I'd love a pair of those!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Aurasoulful » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 am

You're welcome Lust,
Sorry your ear blew out. I guess these things can happen. I hope it goes away soon :)
Aurasoulful

by LustKoaru » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:55 pm

Its fine. I have oil for them

corazon_de_oro here is a link to where I bought mine http://www.eargauges.net/stone-plugs/ab ... plugs.html they are my favorite ones I have owned. Makes me sad kinda. lol
LustKoaru

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety