problems with bondage tape

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by firebutterfly » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:48 pm

I have come to realize I have a sensitivity/issue with bondage tape. After I have used it my lobes are swollen, red, and sore :x Anyone else have problems with it? After SSS n jojoba oil massage and a day without tape they are back to being healthy. Have experienced this several times now...so, I assume the issue is with the tape!

I am now a 2g going to a 0g. Since I cannot use the taping method I have been putting my 0g taper in and leaving them in for several hours, at bedtime I take out the tapers do a SSS and massage with jojoba oil, and then put my 2g plugs back in. In the a.m. I shower with naked lobes n then go through the routine with the tapers. With the taper I am putting them in a little farther everyday (just a teeny tiny bit actually, can barely notice much difference), because for some reason my lobes have been resistant to this stretch...and I am kinda chicken shit worried I am gonna tear. Am I doing ANY good by putting the tapers in and then taking them out nightly? I mean am I pretty much taking one step forward n two steps back? The 2g plugs are definitely loose, which is why I chose to proceed.
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:58 pm

If I were you I'd definitely stop putting the 0G taper in every day. Your lobes are probably shrinking a little around the 2G plugs and then being forced back up to 0G is not making them happy. If your ears are irritated, sore, and swollen the best thing to do would be to just go back to 2G. Try some 1G jewelry in between, it will make the transition much easier. Or give your ears time to heal at 2G and start taping slooooowly. You could try plumber's tape; it's a lot thinner than bondage tape. And make sure you're using lots and lots of lube with it.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by firebutterfly » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:03 am

Thank you Corazon :) As I type this my lobes are fine, like I said it is whenever I have used the tape. I think it is like an allergic reaction to it maybe. Once I stop with the tape it takes a about a day for them to get back to normal.
They do not seem irritated after I use the taper at all (they are surgical stainless)...I was just curious if I was pretty much wasting my time because of taking them out every night (I'm afraid to leave them in overnight, worried I would get 'em caught on something or lay on 'em wrong and cause a tear). Sorry about the wording of my original post. Again thanks so much for the response:)
I have 9 piercings (tongue, lip, both nostrils, tragus, lobes) I am currently a 00g. :) I have 16 tattoos and want way more...money, or lack there of, is the only thing holding me back;)
firebutterfly

by ViolentJayne » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:23 pm

yeah its not doing you any good , I would do like Corazon said try a 1 ga
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by firebutterfly » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:17 am

Thanks Jayne :) Went to the big city (Eugene Oregon....lol) and got a pair of 1g glass plugs! Yay :) Just wish they had 1g tapers. I might need to wait a lil' longer cuz those suckers are not wanting to go in...the have a flat blunt back (not rounded). I guess I better wait a couple weeks or so :( Unless there is a trick I am missing for getting them in????
firebutterfly

by Wailer » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 am

The problem I've been having with bondage tape is getting it to stay on my single flare plugs I put two layers on it but it always comes undone while I try to put it on. The only way that I've been able to get it to stay on is by putting a few more layers which defeats the purpose of taping.
Wailer

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety