Trouble at 8mill/0g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Big Chicken » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm having a little trouble with my lobe settling down at 0g. I know it's not from the jump from 2g as I went through the 1g stretch too. I was too chicken to do a 2mm stretch.

My lobe is a bit sore and I have to use the 0g taper to insert jewellery. Once it's in it kinda feels ok but it's a bugger to insert. I left plenty of time between stretches and it was fine at 1g.

I'm not sure where to go next, if and when my lobes settle. Is the next step 00g? That's 10mm, right? I'm scared of the 2mm stretches!!! Lol. I've found a few bits in 9mm but I don't know if people jump from 8mm to 10mm by going 0g to 00g.

I know I'm mixing mm with gauge sizes here. I'm v. confused.
Big Chicken

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

If you're having pain/soreness you should downsize and wait a little longer at 1G. Also, never wear tapers... make sure you get some 0G plugs before your next stretch.

And you're right, 00G can be 9mm or 10mm, but it's usually 9.5 or 10. I made sure my 00G jewelry was 9mm when I stretched but now I go back and forth between both.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Big Chicken » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, was thinking of downsizing. I hate doing it though - feels like such a step backwards. I know it's sensible to do though.

I've got a 0g tunnel so that should be ok.

Cool - might go through 9mm then to 10mm. Don't wanna stress my lobes out. Been looking at some plugs and stuff and there seems to be stuff about in mm increments (i.e. at 9,11,13 etc).

Thinking 1/2" goal size but I keep changing my mind as far as that goes!
Big Chicken

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:03 am

Haha I'm in the same situation. I'm pretty positive I want to go to 1/2" someday but it probably won't be for a while and in the meantime I don't wanna get too many plugs at 00G but it sucks not having a variety!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety