Can I re-pierce? (and then gauge again?)

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by jjohnstonez » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 am

alright so around last april/may I had a blowout, was only at like 4mm, 5 max.

buuuuuut, the actual inside skin of the ear came out on the taper and then I snapped it off like the complete retard I am. so it didn't re absorb or anything, was nothing there around the inside of the lobe. Just all bright red (flesh, lol)

the hole closed up and I was left with a hard ball inside the lobe. feels kinda big tbh

can I re pierce through it?

Regards oliver johnston bean
jjohnstonez

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:02 am

That will definitely cause problems with stretching in the future... dermal punches usually aren't recommended for lobes but it might be an option to get the scar tissue out. There's also scalpelling if you want to go pretty big.

My advice is to talk to a really good, super experienced piercer who can see/feel your ear and decide what to do. Good luck!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by jjohnstonez » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:51 pm

cheers for the reply, i'm currently living in the ghetto so talking to a good piercer isnt possible tbh and i really don't wanna get it dermal punched ahahahah

ive read about some massaging crap, but no ones mentioned it working when the lobe is closed. can't see how it will do anything when the tissues deep inside tbh. any ideas? ordered some bio oil anyway. it just hurts to massage as well, that normal ? did it last night with a fair amount of pressure & if i press/rub it now it's painful (only if i touch it though)

Was looking to go up to 00g btw
jjohnstonez

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety