I need advice :( I know I shouldn't do it but I wanna...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by powpowrawr » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 am

SO I am at a 2g and I know I'm supposed to wait 2 months or so to stretch since I'm going to a 0g next. I have considered going to a 1g but I kinda just wanna do the whole 2 to 0g jump. OKAY this is where I need some advice. I know I should wait but I have the urge to tape up like RIGHT NOW. How do you guys have the patience to wait and stretch? Am I the only one who has that urge to stretch early like this? I feel like if I tape up to a 0g my ears won't tear like they would with a taper. Am I wrong? Give me reasons not to stretch early! -.-
Lobes: 2g
Tattoos:
2 half sleeves and then some

Retired:
Industrial
Lip piercing
Eyebrow piercing
powpowrawr

by heathy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:48 am

i keep in mind that instant gratification will only appease me in the short term. i think about how i'll look in a couple of years, with nice healthy ears that are gonna be with me problem free for the rest of my life, instead of thinning lobes and scar tissue and cat butt. it's a journey, not a race.
heathy

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:17 pm

^ Agreed. Two months is not that long to wait considering your earlobes are going to be there for the rest of your life. 2G-0G is a huuuuge jump, and if you're not going to go to 1G at least wait a looooong time and then tape very gradually. Never force anything or you will end up with some unhappy ears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by holydorito » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:03 pm

If you're having a hard time being patient I suggest you have a look at what can happen to your ears if you do go too fast...

http://news.bmezine.com/2007/05/04/ear- ... -disaster/

...not the prettiest of lobes eh? ^^

Tbh, I'm sure a lot of people do get the urge to stretch up when they shouldn't, I mean we're only human right? but you just have to think about the end result: healthy lobes because you took your time, or fucked up lobes because you rushed? I know which one sounds good to me. =P
Current: 1 inch lobes.

Retired: Nose, hips.
holydorito

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety