Like everyone else, I need help please

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by PoorMillionaire » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:52 pm

I was pierced at a 10g a good while back, and finally thought it was a good time to go to an 8g. I did and everything went fine excpet about a week later my right ear is swollen, not huge but noticably bigger than the other. I went ahead and thought it wasnt enough time to go up sizes so i put back in my 10's but my right ear is still swollen. any ideas? and yes ive been cleaning them very good with h2ocean. should i take it out alltogether if the swelling dosnt go down soon? thank you everyone I really appreciate it :|
PoorMillionaire

by KAISERROLLS » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:22 pm

How long was a good while back? perhaps you were too early?
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by PoorMillionaire » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

middle of december i was pierced at the 10g. but yea i had some 8 tunnels in for like 2 weeks and didnt swell till recently. so just to be safe i downsized but swelling is still there. hopefully it just takes time ughh
PoorMillionaire

by KAISERROLLS » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:08 pm

YOu did the same thing i did you really should have waited a good 6ish months before stretching to the 8. But that still shouldn't have caused the swelling to occur until a week later, the only other thing i can think of is you might be allergic to the tunnels? I would say wait it out another few weeks to a month then try going to the 8 again. Its always a good thing to downsize when you think that somethings wrong. Good Luck. :)
Piercings
1g Left 0g Right Lobes
Right Industrial (retired)
Right Tragus (retired)
Tattoos
4 Hours on sleeve
KAISERROLLS

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:12 am

^ Agreed, if you were pierced in December your first stretch should be in or around May. I know it sounds like a ridiculous amount of time but a piercing being healed is completely different than it being ready to stretch. After three months they would've been healed enough to change the jewelry but they still need more time to strengthen and loosen up before stretching.

You definitely did the right thing by downsizing; the swelling should go down on its own. Take some ibuprofen and instead of the H2Ocean try some sea salt soaks (1/4 teaspoon sea salt per one cup hot water) for 5-10 minutes per day.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by PoorMillionaire » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:48 pm

i went ahead and bought some glass plugs yesturday so there more comfortable and so i can keep them loose till the swelling goes down, its def feeling alot better. thanks for all the replys :D
PoorMillionaire

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety