Wrapped plugs w/ electrical tape... BIG mistake

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Hopesfall » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 pm

So, I'm sitting here at work and my ears are red, swollen, and throbbing.

Last night, I went from my 7/8 steel flares to some 15/16 solid acrylic plugs wrapped in black electrical tape. I wrapped them in electrical tape because my ears hate acrylic, but I guess they hate the tape just as much.

They went in pretty easy, minimal effort.However, I woke up this morning and my ears are now very swollen, red and very irritated.

So my question is: Do I take them out completely and let them be or should I swap my steel flares back in????
Hopesfall

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 am

At your size you'll be okay to leave them out to heal without them shrinking. Get a good pair of single-flare or no-flare plugs/tunnels to put in.

If you want to use tape in the future, get some plumber's tape (or threading tape, whatever you call it). It sticks to itself so it doesn't need adhesive like electrical tape, and it's safe for your skin. Plus it's usually only like 95 cents.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ast.riske » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:03 am

When you are ready to stretch again, instead of using acrylic, which is not recommended in general, choose a material that is safe for your skin. Don't wrap your new plugs especially not with electrical tape. When you stretch up to the next size, wrapoing the plugs overstretches your fistula and can cause other issues like tearing and blowouts.

Best of luck.
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety