if i rip a little, what should i do?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by pockrunk » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 am

sorry if this is in the wrong section and i talk a lot so bear with me!!

I am at 6 guage and have been for something like a year or less. I decided to put 6 guage plugs with flares in

the flares where the problem to get in, the front of my lobe went fine, the back not so good. it tore or something

it killed and took a while but i got them in. now they bleed a little. i probably know enough to just clean them and hope they heal nice...but what kinda damage am i looking at? without a picture or first hand i know its shoddy. i also would just feel better hearing it from someone with experience tell me yeah just clean em and youll do fine because ya been there!!

so...anyone have advice on this? i would really appreciate some!
pockrunk

by ViolentJayne » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:25 pm

I think everyone would agree to downsize back to 8 maybe even 10 and let it heal for a good 8 weeks then slowly stretch back up provided the ear heals nice , if it gets infected or nasty then Id wait even longer to give things a chance to toughen back up . p.s. I hate double flares and always have trouble with them to , they just arent worth it to me .. Ill stick with single flares or no flare .. maybe around 00 or so flares get easier but I dont know
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:33 pm

^ Agreed. I know downsizing is never appealing because no one likes going backwards, but it's really important. Downsizing will allow your ears to relax while healing and lessen the chance of the tear turning into scar tissue.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by pockrunk » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:17 am

Well yeah going backwards isn't fun

Im sea salt soaking them 1 or 2 times a day and washing twice with soap and water (the guy at the shop told me over the phone that all i needed to do was the latter).

they dont feel like they are stretching as the plugs are in now. im kinda hooped!! lol
to take them out might just do the same damage. who knows. but all i am thinkinig is "god what the heck!" shouldn't it be fool proof.

Thank you for the reply's and advice. I will take them out if they get nasty but one question; should i leave something in them as they heal or just leave them empty ?
I think i have my 8 guage kickin around still. maybe.
pockrunk

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm

Sea salt soaks will do a lot more for your ears than soap and water... soap can actually kill healthy bacteria and slow healing, as well as dry out your lobes. So I'd recommend soaking, or just leaving them alone.

If you reeeally don't want to downsize, just stay at your current size and don't stretch for a while (like a few months). But downsizing will make them heal better.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety