What can happen if you stretch too fast.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by corazon_de_oro » Fri May 14, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm glad you posted this! A lot of people here give really bad advice, even those who claim to have the most experience. I know so many people who think bigger lobes = more stretching knowledge so they'll tell you it's okay to stretch quickly because they did. With stretching, time is your friend. Yeah, reaching your goal size is nice, but having healthy lobes is too!
I'd also like to add that if you stretch fast, you build up scar tissue which makes future stretches more painful and difficult. It also makes them harder to shrink if you ever decide to take them out for good.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Sat May 15, 2010 8:23 am

I went on the Facebook group yesterday and there's a lad who's got to 12mm in 4 months, and a lad who's got to 8mm in 5 weeks! :O Unbelievable!
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by magalo le matelot » Sun May 16, 2010 3:31 pm

leighmarie wrote:I went on the Facebook group yesterday and there's a lad who's got to 12mm in 4 months, and a lad who's got to 8mm in 5 weeks! :O Unbelievable!

I've got to 20 mm in 5 month, and it was easy and not that painful...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by Boffey » Sun May 16, 2010 5:17 pm

Ive gone from a normal piercing to 6mm in a month and a bit. Little pain and my ear is fine.

I think it depends on different people, like the elasticity of your skin. Mines pretty elasticy so it stretches quite easy.
Piercings
Left Lobe 12mm
Left Rook
Right Helix

Wishlist
Right Lobe 12mm
Seccond Right Helix
Left side lower lip

o, and im Alex by the way :)
Boffey

by leighmarie » Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 pm

Stretching shouldn't be a painful process.

I agree, it definitely depends on individual elasticity, but you've both stretched very, very fast. Generally you should leave at least 6 weeks between sizes (preferably closer to two months) no matter how elastic your skin.

I'd definitely recommend anyone stretching (or considering it) to give this a really good read: http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/forum/ ... garding-It
Last edited by leighmarie on Tue May 18, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 18, 2010 5:39 pm

Edit: we posted at the same time, cool!

And yeah, some people stretch quickly and don't run into any major problems. That doesn't mean slower isn't better, and it doesn't mean you didn't stretch too fast.
I started at 10G (pierced at that size, waited 5-6 months before stretching) and 13 months later I'm at 4G. I think stretching is all about patience, and it's sad that people are in such a hurry to have big lobes that they do permanant damage to their ears.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by leighmarie » Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm

corazon_de_oro wrote:Edit: we posted at the same time, cool!

And yeah, some people stretch quickly and don't run into any major problems. That doesn't mean slower isn't better, and it doesn't mean you didn't stretch too fast.
I started at 10G (pierced at that size, waited 5-6 months before stretching) and 13 months later I'm at 4G. I think stretching is all about patience, and it's sad that people are in such a hurry to have big lobes that they do permanent damage to their ears.

Haha :)

I definitely agree, in the long run it's just not worth the risk. Yes, it is nice to get to your goal size as quick as you can, but as it should generally be seen as a somewhat permanent process (whether or not you go past the point of no return) it's better to take the time to make sure you DEFINITELY do it right and not take chances. Especially when it's something you'll have to live with for years, if not the rest of your life.

I've been stretching for over a year and I'm only just at 8mm. It'll have taken me two years by the time I reach my goal size (12mm).
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 18, 2010 6:48 pm

Agreed, and the faster you stretch the less likely your lobes are to shrink.

I was just able to dead stretch to 2G after a shower, with no pain or resistance. That's what patience gets you! Haha. :)
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Tue May 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Why everyone is talking about shrinking ? Stretching is a permanent modification, it's not a fashion trend who last after 6 month. If you can't assume it and keep them for the rest of your life, just don't do it and buy yourself some clothes that you can get rid of after...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by corazon_de_oro » Tue May 18, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm not saying I want to shrink mine because I know there's a possibility that even a tiny stretch won't shrink. I'm just saying that a lot of people stretch to 2G or so with the hopes of returning to a "normal" size and if you build up a lot of scar tissue during the stretching process it's a LOT less likely to happen.
I'm Lindsay.
corazon_de_oro

PreviousNext

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety