pain and bleeding...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by pattshreds » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:09 pm

i just stretched from a 2g to a 0g, and it hurt a lot and bled when i took it out the next day to clean.

i waited 2 months to stretch, and went from a 2g to a 0g.

i clean my ears and use vitamin E oil on them all the time, so i have no idea what im doing wrong.

can anyone help me out with this?
pattshreds

by Winter Hope311 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:14 pm

2-0g is the first of the big stretches. it is a 2 mm stretch, while the ones previous have been 1mm or less. many people suggest the taping method only once you get to these sizes, because it allows the stretch to be more gradual instead of tapering up 2 mm in one quick stretch. if you bled, its a sign your lobes weren't ready. go back to a 2, continue to treat them like a new stretch and wait until they're fully healed THEN start the taping method.
Winter Hope
26 years old

HAVE:
6g lobes
left nostril
tongue
navel
19 tattoos

WANT:
0g lobes
1 tattoo finished
1 cover-up
3 pending tattoos

RETIRED:
both nipples
Winter Hope311

by pattshreds » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:03 pm

thank you! i knew about the taping and was planning on doing it once my lobes got bigger, but i could always start now :p as much as i dont want to, i did down size back to 2g, ill stay here for a month or so then re-try.
pattshreds

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 pm

They also make 1G plugs which make the transition much easier if you don't wan to tape. Tapers are hard to find at that size but if you wait long enough and your ears are loosened up you probably won't even need one.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Alyxxx » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:00 am

I would say wait longer than a month. It took me a month and a half just to get from a 6 to a 4. It takes longer than you think to heal, because like it says everywhere you look, your ear heals from the outside in.
Alyxxx

by powpowrawr » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm

I've been taping since a 4g and it is WAAAY better than tapering. But I would go with Corazon's idea and buy 1g plugs and tape up to there. Your ears will thank you for it later.
Lobes: 2g
Tattoos:
2 half sleeves and then some

Retired:
Industrial
Lip piercing
Eyebrow piercing
powpowrawr

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety