Itchingg

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by LucyFord » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:53 am

I just stretched up from a 4g to a 2g a day or two ago. Pretty normal, a bit of soreness, whatever. It's also normal for me to itch like crazy whenever anything heals [cuts, scratches, bruises, you name it] and my ears are looking nice and healthy, with no weeping or swelling, so there's no infection. I'm going crazy, though.

Anyone have suggestions? I'll live, it's just really annoying.
Ka-chow.
LucyFord

by ast.riske » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:38 am

Try sea salt solution soaks followed by a quick rinse to remove the salt. 1/4 teaspoon per cup of water. I don't usually get the itchies while I heal, but it may help you. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

by Alyxxx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Sea salt soak! I get itchy too, I find taking them out in the shower, wiping any gunk off of them and massaging my lobes helps a lot. I do it every time I shower, AFTER I've shampooed and stuff, to make sure I don't have anything in my holes that doesnt belong there :) you could try massaging them with oil too, I use olive oil to soothe as well as for lubricant and my lobes are quite happy!
Alyxxx

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety