4g to 2g with taper fail so I decided to tape. Bad idea?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by powpowrawr » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:56 pm

SO I have successfully taped from a 6g to 4g (I know pretty small sizes) but it worked. So 3 1/2 weeks later (I know I should let it heal a few more weeks longer) I decided to stretch up using a taper, which failed so I decided since my ears were already a little bigger than my current 4g (5mm) I decided tape to 5.5mm. Bad idea? ALSO now that I think about it I used to have my ears pierced when I was 5 yrs old and I let them heal and I got them repierced and I stretched the new piercings and realized that I have 2 balls of sore parts on my ears. I'm guessing its the old piercing healed. Is that considered scarred tissue? Thanks in advance guys.
Lobes: 2g
Tattoos:
2 half sleeves and then some

Retired:
Industrial
Lip piercing
Eyebrow piercing
powpowrawr

by ViolentJayne » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 pm

I think its scar tissue .. Ive have the same thing going on a lil higher on My left ear from 3 older piercings that I retired ( I used to have 5 on that ear now only two .. My 4ga lower and my upper 14 ga holes) .. now they have lil uncomfortable knots in them .. but lucky for me they are far away from my stretched piercing .. but still annoying , I wish I knew something that would help
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

by Alyxxx » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Nope, good idea! Most people will tell you that taping is much much better than using tapers, as long as youre just doing one layer at a time.
Alyxxx

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety