Product Recommendations?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Peasley » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:47 am

Hey all. Been stretching for a while now, currently at 8G. Looking to rise to 6G. I was just wondering if anybody had some aftercare products they really like? If so, I'm all ears (haha). I currently use H2Oceans 4oz spray. I have been reading about other products like Holy Buttr, etc. I really like the results from H2Ocean, just wondering if it is worth the money to do some exploration or not. Thanks in advance for the help!
Peasley

by corazon_de_oro » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 am

If you're stretching slowly and carefully you really shouldn't need H2Ocean or sea salt soaks or anything because there won't be any open wounds to heal. If your ears are healthy all you really need to do is clean your plugs daily with soap and water and massage them with oil. You can use vitamin E oil, jojoba oil, emu oil, etc. Holey Butt'r is good too but I think the oils are much cheaper.

That being said, I like H2Ocean for piercings... regular sea salt soaks are much better but for a lazy person like me a spray is better than nothing. There's also some salt spray stuff sold on Body Art Forms called Simple Care that I've been using; it's pretty good. You can also go to Wal-Mart or just about any drug/grocery store and get spray called Simply Saline; it's meant to be used as nasal spray but it's sterile and has the perfect salt/water ratio so I've used that for piercings a lot.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Peasley » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:30 am

Oh cool! Good to know. Yes, I am taking it slowly. I have been giving each stretch ample time to heal (about a month and a half, sometimes more if I don't feel they are ready). I like to use the spray because of the portability. I am a lucky individual in that my employer actually LIKES the stretched lobes. HOWEVER, I work in the construction field(weatherization in particular), and it is VERY dirty. I usually rinse my lobes whenever I get a task completed, and use the spray during breaks and lunches.
I have seen the oils before, but wasn't sure if they worked as well as the H2Ocean has for me. Again, thank you so much for the reply, and I will do a bit more research on the stuff you suggested!
Peasley

by ViolentJayne » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:56 pm

Peasley wrote:Oh cool! Good to know. Yes, I am taking it slowly. I have been giving each stretch ample time to heal (about a month and a half, sometimes more if I don't feel they are ready). I like to use the spray because of the portability. I am a lucky individual in that my employer actually LIKES the stretched lobes. HOWEVER, I work in the construction field(weatherization in particular), and it is VERY dirty. I usually rinse my lobes whenever I get a task completed, and use the spray during breaks and lunches.
I have seen the oils before, but wasn't sure if they worked as well as the H2Ocean has for me. Again, thank you so much for the reply, and I will do a bit more research on the stuff you suggested!

you would use the oils along with not instead of sea salt soaks .. the oils isnt meant to clean but to break down scar tissue and encourage blood floe to the lobes .. plus it feels great and makes your plugs go in oh so easy
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety