spontanious oddity?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by mattcadoch777 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I've been stretching for 4 years and stopped at 1/2 inch about 7 months ago. Of course, 3/4 inch plugs fit in after a couple of months without intentionally stretching.
I've never had an abnormal issue in the process 'cause i've always been smart and patient about it; never skipping sizes, cleaning them every day, etc.
I've had Turquoise stone (not so sure about it's legitimacy, i got them for $15 each) plugs in for the past 5 months, and until yesterday, when i noticed some crusty dry skin and redness on the underside of my lobe, they were perfectly healthy and clean.
This morning i woke up, and my lobe was really sore and pink and crusty and sensitive. I took out my plug and it looked as though it had swelled up and there was some sort of clear shiny discharge. I cleaned the jewelry and my lobe and put it back in, it was really hard to squeeze back in and i could feel my pulse in it for the 15 minutes that followed.
What the fuck, i've never had an infection and i have no idea what to do to it.
PLEASE HELP :cry:
mattcadoch777

by ericawinship » Wed May 05, 2010 7:29 pm

treat it as you would any infection. bacteria is more likely to irritate stretched ears more than normal ears because the hole is bigger so infections are uncommon when your ears are healed, but still a possibility. i would just take out your plugs while you shower and shower everyday. It should go away, always worked for me. Good luck.
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by leighmarie » Mon May 10, 2010 11:37 am

I'd try some Sea Salt Soaks a couple of times a day, and maybe try switching to another material for a while. Glass, for example.
Current:
1.6mm Tongue
1.6mm Navel
10mm Lobies (Goal: 1/2")
1.2mm Right Tragus
1.2mm Nose
1.2mm Monroe

Wishlist:
Christina piercing

leighmarie

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety