Ear bleeds and have a surgery in less than a week.

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by AshleighKomis » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:46 pm

I have surgery in exactly one week and I cannot have any jewelry in while it is done. My original plan was to stretch to a 6g, let it heal for two weeks and use a silicone skin color plug that will work (that wouldn't work either way). I have been at an 8g for over three months and I thought it was fine to stretch it. I tried stretching it but it wouldn't go through without adding a little bit of force so I just left it at a 8g (which I should have just stopped there) but after about four days I tried using taping instead of tapering (determined I could get it there in time for my surgery) I added one layer first, then on the next day, three. Then five. My ear always had a little space in between so I was going to tape it six times. I look it out and put my 6g taper in so that it wouldn't close while I'm taping the plug. I realized that the taper was almost though so I just pushed it through. There was no pain or anything while I was putting it through but then after a few minutes it started hurting. I switched to a plug (painful!) and thought it just needed time to get used to the size. After three days it still hurt when I touched it so I decided the best thing to do would be to take it out and downsize. When I took it out it started bleeding and I am back at a 8g. I can't believe I did such a big mistake in stretching when I always told myself that you should listen to your body, but I know my mistake. I'm so ashamed that after a year of safe stretching I somehow managed to be impatient and not listen to my body, but it happened. So now I have the problem of not knowing what I should do for my surgery. It's just getting my tonsils removed but it worried me that they might hit my ear and make it worse. I can't use my silicone idea and I have a clear plug which is better than a stainless steel one (can't have metal) but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions? 
AshleighKomis

by ast.riske » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 pm

I would suggest you wear glass if you have any. If not, then take out your jewelry before survey and the put it back in when you wake up. It shouldn't close up in the time you're in surgery. Bring 10g jewelry just in case. My suspicion is, if you've been careful for this long and you've been at 8g, you'll be alright and you should heal just fine. : ). Worry less about the jewelry for the time being and more about going in to surgery with a low stress level. You can always restretch. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety