Is something wrong, again?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by illusionaria » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:26 pm

So, recently, I tried to stretch up too fast, and I tore my ear just slightly. I took my jewelry out and allowed it to heal a bit, and I realized the back closed up on me (it was a small size, hah). So I put a normal 18g earring in, and had to pop it through a little bit. A few days later I put a 16g in, and now I want to let it fully heal until I move up. I bet it's going to be two months. But today, since I put the 16g in two days ago, it's a little sore on the back, probably from the stretch and having to heal, i would imagine. It's tender and if i try to take it out it's a tiny bit tender as well, but not unbearable. I'm just worried, I dunno. Any advice is appreciated? I feel like since I tore my ear a tiny bit and it got infected and bled slightly, I've just screwed myself up.
Ears: 4g
Goal: 1/2"

Want:
Left Nostril
Right Tragus
Left Helix (x2)
Right Helix
Navel
Tongue
illusionaria

by ast.riske » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:06 am

I would leave the jewelry in and just do sea salt soaks 1-2 times a dayto help cut down the pain and encourage bloodflow. When not soaking your lobes I'd just leave them alone. They should heal up fine and the pain should subside fairly quickly. Since your lobes suffered some trauma, they are going to just be a little touchy for a while. : )
Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you.
-Fredrick Nietzsche

Pericings:
2g Lobes
6g Septum

Want:
Frenulum Linguae
Left inner conch
Right helix
ast.riske

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety