Sea Salt Soaks and aftercare for brand new stretch?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by annieinwonderland » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Hiya,

Stretched to 2g the other day and my lobes are still quite tight and I don't feel like moving them around much. When doing SSSs at this early stage should I completely remove the jewellery and do it that way? Or will that just irritate them more?

And in general even though they are quite tight should I not twist them or anything at all, to avoid irritation?

Sorry if any of these questions are silly, but it's always better to make sure!

annie
annieinwonderland

by ViolentJayne » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Im pretty sure its ok to leave the jewelry in at this stage I would wait to remove them for a week or so . and I have always heard twisting is a myth and will actually irritate your lobes . I never even twist My fully healed plugs . I always use lube ( vit E oil ) any time when I remove or insert jewelry of any kind otherwise you risk pulling the skin on the fistula and getting an almost like an "Indian burn " on the inside of it ( had it happen once and dont ever want it to happen again ouch )

P.S . I tried to find a more politically correct term for indian burn but I guess there isnt one and thats the best way to describe it and and Im pretty sure thats all twisting does to it
4ga lobes ,14ga 2nd hole lobes. 14ga tounge
full sleeve and 7 other Tattoos

SHE'S ALWAYS NICE
AND GIVES ADVICE
WHEN WE DONT HAVE A CLUE
SHE NEEDS NO HELP
FROM YOU
ViolentJayne

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety