Need help just stretched to a 2g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Drum4life » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

So i just stretched to my 2g on monday so its already been a couple days and my ears are still pretty sore and they hurt if i try to move the taper around.
Usually there not this sore.
Is this a problem that i should be worried about?
They don't look nasty or swollen or anything just sore for longer than usual.

let me know if theres anything wrong or anything i should do or put on my ears if i need to.

thanks
Drum4life

by Nic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 pm

Just check ur ears for blowouts, it just sounds like they ar just sore from the stretch. im sure they r fine. happy stretching :D
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by meegs654 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:10 pm

For one, I would take those tapers out and put in a pair of glass or stainless steel plugs, which will aid in the healing process.
meegs654

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:46 am

Your ears probably weren't ready to stretch... how long were you at 4G? But if you don't want to downsize, at least swap the tapers for plugs... your ears are probably angry because tapers get knocked around really easily and can irritate a fresh stretch.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by magalo le matelot » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 am

meegs654 wrote:For one, I would take those tapers out and put in a pair of glass or stainless steel plugs, which will aid in the healing process.

Earlobe don't fucking care about what type of plugs is in...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by meegs654 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:01 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:
meegs654 wrote:For one, I would take those tapers out and put in a pair of glass or stainless steel plugs, which will aid in the healing process.

Earlobe don't fucking care about what type of plugs is in...

Bacteria collects in porous material (acrylic) but does not on glass or steel, so yeah, they do care. Why the attitude?
meegs654

by magalo le matelot » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:13 am

Because I'm tired of those things you are supposedly obliged to do when stretching your ears... This is skin this is probably the most versatile part of your body. I stretched mine fastly (7/8 inch in 6 months) with homemade fimo plugs and I kept them in my ear until healing (not switching to glass/steel) and I have perfect stretched ear almost 1 inch with no blowouts... So this is why I find these tips really useless and annoying...
    1 inch lobes, madison microdermal 16/07/10 and venoms 2/07/11.
    RIP self-done tongue web, retired wrist surface and tongue.

First tattoo on right thigh - line done (1h20)

Want: 4g septum, tattoo on left ribs/behing ear.
magalo le matelot

by meegs654 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:58 pm

magalo le matelot wrote:Because I'm tired of those things you are supposedly obliged to do when stretching your ears... This is skin this is probably the most versatile part of your body. I stretched mine fastly (7/8 inch in 6 months) with homemade fimo plugs and I kept them in my ear until healing (not switching to glass/steel) and I have perfect stretched ear almost 1 inch with no blowouts... So this is why I find these tips really useless and annoying...

No one is required to do anything, it is his/her body. There have been people who go to 1" in less then 3 months and have no problems at all but the vast majority of people experience bleeding and blowouts when they are stretching that fast and/or using porous materials. So I was trying to help the original poster with what is considered by the APP as the best solution. The person came here for advice and so I gave them what worked for me. And regardless of what you think, certain materials used in jewelry will affect one's skin in a negative manner. People can stretch their ears with whatever they want (steel, glass, drinking straws, ink-pens) but if they want the best possible outcome with the least amount of negative possibilities they will adhere to APP standards.
meegs654

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 2:04 am

magalo le matelot wrote:Because I'm tired of those things you are supposedly obliged to do when stretching your ears... This is skin this is probably the most versatile part of your body. I stretched mine fastly (7/8 inch in 6 months) with homemade fimo plugs and I kept them in my ear until healing (not switching to glass/steel) and I have perfect stretched ear almost 1 inch with no blowouts... So this is why I find these tips really useless and annoying...

Just because you stretched too fast with no problems doesn't mean other people can or should. And yeah, glass is a lot better for your ears than acrylic (some people are fine with it but it causes bad reactions in others, same with steel).
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety