Is there anything else to clean with?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by double_helix » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:04 am

i just recently went from a 14g to an 8g the other day and i've been cleaning with alcohol once daily.

i currently haven't the funds for any proper cleaning supplies for gauges

i was just wondering if it would impair downsizing or anything of the sort

thank you
double_helix

by joexxx » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:52 pm

Rubbing alcohol is not really recommended to use when your stretching your ears. If you HAVE to use it, i would just use it minimally. Bactine is the stuff i always used, however it was brought to my attention that its not recommend to use on puncture wounds..
joexxx

by meegs654 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Like the other poster said, stay away from alcohol. If you have sea salt (no iodine), then mix 1/8th teaspoon of the salt into one cup of warm water. Or just simply use a bit of non-scented soap in the shower.
meegs654

by ickyvicki » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:49 pm

i've been told by piercers the best is just regular soap and water. definately no alcohol ^.^
ickyvicki

by Tom » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:22 am

antibacterial soap & water and some bactine helped me, buts its not recommended to use bactine
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by corazon_de_oro » Mon May 03, 2010 2:07 am

Oh wow... why did you skip so many sizes? You should be worried about the scar tissue that you're creating instead of what to clean them with. If you stretch slowly enough, you shouldn't have any wounds to "clean" in the first place.
But if you're not going to downsize, do not use the alcohol, EVER. Sea salt soaks are the best way to heal a piercing. Mix 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of sea salt with 1 cup of hot water and soak for 5-10 minutes. And after skipping all those sizes you should wait a LONG time before you think about stretching again, because you'll be at high risk for a blowout if you try to soon.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety