How long should I wait...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by fevertotell » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:32 am

It's about 3 weeks now since I stretched to 8g. Ears are doing fine but I did had one mishap.. my right SF Tunnel slipped right through my ear while I was cleaning it (well this happened the first week I think) I've been doing my usual cleaning and sea salt soaks. There's no bumps or puss but my right ear feels irritated sometimes. Im wondering if it's the soap or I scraped it while cleaning when I put the tunnel back in.
When can I start using emu or jojoba oil? Should I wait another week?

Thanks guys. =)
fevertotell

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 pm

What are you doing for cleaning besides sea salt soaks? SSS is really all you need; anything else will just dry out or irritate your ears. Also, make sure your soaks aren't too salty. If your ears are irritated, keep soaking them, and never move/twist/mess with the jewelry for any reason. After your ears stop being sore, then you can start oil massages.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by fevertotell » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Well since I didn't have any Provon, I've been using this Medicare soap to clean the jewelry and my ears. I'll stop using it though and just stick to SSS (1/4 tsp to 1 cup warm water)

Thank you!
fevertotell

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety