Having trouble stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by riotgrrrl582 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:11 pm

Two weeks ago I stretched from 8g to 6g and I got the tapers all the way through and left them in for two days because I could not for the life of me get my plugs in! So my right ear got infected with a little blow out so I down sized and have decided not to stretch for a while..but even now as I have the 8g in they feel tight like my ears reeally don't want to be stretched!

SO, I'm wondering if the fact that I have three other piercings in my lobes has something to do with my ears being very difficult to stretch???

I took all the earrings out of my other lobe holes before I even started stretching months ago but is it possible that just having those other holes is stopping my first holes from stretching???? please help! I'm so frustrated :/
riotgrrrl582

by joexxx » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:06 am

That happened to me before when i had 00G plugs. You might have to wear the tapers for some time longer before switching to plugs.
Since you had to go back to 8G, your ears are trying to heal them-selfs, so stretching them again right now is out of the question. I would wait a month or so to stretch them again. This time leave the tapers in for a while so the plugs can fit in.
joexxx

by Tom » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:32 am

Wait till you plugs are fully healed again at the 8g. Are you stretching with stainless steel? 6g is still kinda small so i don't think your other piercings are messing with it. Wear your tapers for a week or two, take them out then slide in your 6g plugs..
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by riotgrrrl582 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:57 am

I thought sleeping with my tapers in was making them more infected that's one of the reasons I ended up taking them out and down sizing. Soo it's okay to wear the big long tapers? I feel like they got pushed around a lot in my sleep. And they're not stainless steel so does that make a huge difference?
riotgrrrl582

by ickyvicki » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:07 pm

it is def ok to wear your tapers! just be careful and make sure you have some o rings to hold them in. i'd recommend stainless since they are not porous so they wont hold bacteria which can cause infections. just take your time and your ears will let you know when they are ready ^.^
ickyvicki

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:45 am

Wait a while at 8G (like a few months) and try again. You can try doing some oil massages to help with the blowout too; 6G is a pretty difficult stretch and can take a lot of time for your ear to be ready for it.
And tapers really shouldn't be used as jewelry... the back sticks out so far that they can get knocked around and really piss off a fresh stretch. If you use single-flare or no-flare plugs with a rounded end you should have no trouble following a taper with them while stretching.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by ericawinship » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:25 am

The answer to your question is no, your other ear piercings are not the reason that your ears won't budge. I have 5 lobe piercings on each ear that I put earrings in constanly and I'm at 3/4ths, there is no problem with having multiple lobe piercings being linked to stretching out your lobes
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by meegs654 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Tom wrote:Wait till you plugs are fully healed again at the 8g. Are you stretching with stainless steel? 6g is still kinda small so i don't think your other piercings are messing with it. Wear your tapers for a week or two, take them out then slide in your 6g plugs..

Why would you advise someone to wear tapers for a week? I have always heard that tapers are a tool, and that should only be used long enough to wider the hold and then you can follow the taper with a plug. It seems like wearing tapers would give a person an uneven stretching surface. Also, at larger sizes tapers are pretty huge and prone to get caught on clothing, which will ultimately delay the process.
meegs654

by Tom » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:02 am

Ive used tapers for both a tool and to wear. "O" Rings kept em in place. Never had problems with them getting caught on my shirts. I just found it more comfortable for me, i dont like having to stretch and then try and fit my plugs in right after.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by ericawinship » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:43 am

I agree with tom on what he just said--i've never had a taper "caught on my clothes" and i dont think you should put in jewelry right away because of all the stress you put your ear through already because of the stretch. I agree with meegs on one thing, tapers get anoying when they're bigger, i stopped using them at size 0....you're not supposed to use them on sizes any bigger anyways because you will stretch too fast...ver wonder why most sites stop selling tapers at 00?

meegs can you please further explain an "uneven stretching surface"? I don't understand what you are trying to explain in that scentence so if you clarified it for me that would be sweet, thanks!
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety