Having trouble stretching

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Nick » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:30 am

Tom wrote:Ive used tapers for both a tool and to wear. "O" Rings kept em in place. Never had problems with them getting caught on my shirts. I just found it more comfortable for me, i dont like having to stretch and then try and fit my plugs in right after.

I see plenty of people use tapers as your actual jewelry, though not my style. To one his own, I assume. Anywho.

To answer your question while you're sleeping tapers do seem to move around quite a bit, but at such a small size I don't think it would directly affect your other holes.
My personal opinion is to go at the smaller size you were (8g) and clean them thoroughly with H2Ocean. Normally it runs about 10$USD per can. If you don't want to shell the 10 bucks out the saltwater method is a viable alternative.

Now concerning the blowout. Hopefully it hasn't been too long since it had happened. You did the right thing in gauging down. I always try to clean my holes with the aforementioned H2Ocean or saltwater and let them completely heal before even thinking about going up another size.

Hope this helps at all, seems I've just stated what everyone else has. :P
Nick

by meegs654 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:07 pm

I have never had a problem lining up a plug with the end of a taper, and as long as it's the same size (i.e. not a DF plug) I don't see how it would cause extra stress. If you waited until your ears were ready to stretch there shouldn't be soreness. If one HAS to keep tapers in for an extended period before he/she CAN get get his/her plugs in then his/her ears are obviously not ready but if he/she is that dead set on stretching it doesn't really matter what one says. I see no problem wearing them as jewelry after the stretch as healed (just like silicone, organics), but it would seem with the extra length of the taper it would have more of a chance getting caught on clothes or bedding.

To ericawinship: Look at a taper in anyone's ear, it sits in the lobe at an angle. The skin is going to form around whatever is in the channel (especially after a stretch) and when the taper is sitting at an angle, the hole is healing at an angle, which can create an uneven stretch and cause problems down the road. I would say that the reason a lot of stores only carry up to 00g tapers is because they do not have a large gauge clientele, the two major retailers (in the US anyway) have tapers that go up to 1".

I hope I answered your questions, and I'm not trying to attack you guys or anything, I just hate reading stories about how people messed up their ears because of improper stretching.
meegs654

by ericawinship » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:40 pm

and what two online retailers are they? (if it's bodyartforms.com then dont state that one cause i can see why theyre be a HUGE one) ... i need more places to buy stuff haha
official ear stretching facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=inf ... 8509894164

official ear stretching vlog: http://www.youtube.com/user/iGiveSkeetSkeet
ericawinship

by meegs654 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:04 pm

www.steelnavel.com has a great selection of products and offers free jewelry through several monthly contests in their forums. Body Art Forms would be the other.
meegs654

Previous

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety