Too fast. What happens if I don't downsize?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by EyeScream » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 am

Hi guys! I'm new to these forums, and looking for some advice.

Last November I stretched to 8g after 6 months at 10g. It went really smoothly. I waited about 6 weeks, and then stretched from 8g to 6g. This time it wasn't so smooth, and it definitely hurt. I've had my 6g rings in for about 6 weeks, and my right ear is still pretty sore. It's not red or swollen, or pussing, so I'm pretty sure it's not infected. I do clean it daily as well. I'm pretty sure I just stretched too fast. But like most, I really don't want to downsize. I've been hoping that just leaving my rings in and waiting, they would heal up and I could keep stretching, but I didn't expect them to still be sore after 6 weeks.

Will stretchings heal properly after stretching too fast? Does it just take longer (faster stretch, bigger tears, longer to heal)? Or is there some other factor I'm not taking into consideration?

I have pretty heavy captives in now. I'm hoping to pick up some smaller plugs or something soon to take some of the pressure off my lobes. I've been using vitamin e oil lately too which is helping.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated!
EyeScream

by joexxx » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Ya that's weird for them to still be sore after 6 weeks. I think you should do what you were saying and get lighter plugs. 6 weeks is normally the amount to wait before stretching again, however everyone's body is different. Put some tunnels in and see hwo your ears feel, make sure stainless steel!
joexxx

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety