Oil

Forum rules
NO SPAM

Oil

by subakamoo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:53 am

Hey guys, so I'm looking to buy Jojoba oil for my ears as well as my organic jewelry and I was wondering where/what kind to buy.

What do you guys recommend?
(And if possible link please?)

Thanks so much!
subakamoo

by stashapistachio » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 am

Quite a few body jewellery sites sell oil too. I's stick to liquid vit e or jojoba myself, or even olive oil in a pinch. Oil is just a good way to hydrate organics (esp. wood), and the massage part is the main bit for lobes. As long as its skin safe then thats the important part. Though some oils can excessively darken jewellery over time (happens a bit anyway)
You can also find jojoba and vit e in pharmacies. Good for skin all over.

You looking for organic jewellery too?
I'd suggest diablo organics, maya organics, tawapa (some is overpriced though), omerica, which you can all buy from BAF. And onetribe and maybe relic.
But yeah, depends what you're after really. Those are just my fave ones that I know make interesting stuff.

Saline, although good for wounds doesn't really do anything for (well)stretched lobes, except maybe dry them out. And you should keep it away from wood/horn.
stashapistachio

by ninjapirate » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:33 am

I used unscented baby oil once or twice, and it worked pretty well, plus it softened my ears some. I'm not sure if I was supposed to, but it didn't seem to do any harm ^^
currently at 2g,
goal is 00g... for now >:D
ninjapirate

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:55 pm

I've used jojoba, vitamin E, emu, and naked oils. I've even used Tattoo Goo. I don't think I really have a favorite; it's more of the actual massaging than the oil itself that is beneficial. But I'd definitely stick to one of the oils I mentioned instead of using things like olive/baby oil. Also, somebody else mentioned saline solution; that's for healing piercings, while oil massages are for healed lobes. Don't do any type of oil massage if your ears are irritated in any way.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by subakamoo » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:33 pm

Thanks guys, I got some jojoba oil from the vitamin shoppe and even though it's kind of expensive I only need a few drops to moisturize all 9 of my piercings (7 in my face and 2 in my nose). I think it's been working well and I also use it every once in a while to moisturize my bone and horn jewelry.

Before I used Vitamin E oil but was Palmer's and had some other junk in there that I couldn't pronounce so I figured it wasn't the BEST thing to use on my piercings.

subakamoo

by DJChildhood » Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:07 pm

Jojoba oil = #juan.

All natural, spreads easily, its good shit.
Sober date from drugs: 9/17/2008

Alcohol: 8/26/2010

current GA: 3/4ths retired :'(

# of tattoos: 3

half sleeves jacket
DJChildhood

by holysnikey » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am

I would recommend Holey Butt'r if you can get your hands in it. A lot of piercing shops sell it and it comes in a small tin but last for a while. It also has karanja oil as well as jojoba the first being an antiseptic so it keeps your ears clean of germs as well as healthy and soft. I still wouldnt recommend it on fresh piercings or extremely fresh stretchs but I have and know people who have used it like 3 days after a stretch. These people stretched properly though so there was no wounds besides the microscopic tears.
holysnikey

by holysnikey » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:04 am

I would recommend Holey Butt'r if you can get your hands in it. A lot of piercing shops sell it and it comes in a small tin but last for a while. It also has karanja oil as well as jojoba the first being an antiseptic so it keeps your ears clean of germs as well as healthy and soft. I still wouldnt recommend it on fresh piercings or extremely fresh stretchs but I have and know people who have used it like 3 days after a stretch. These people stretched properly though so there was no wounds besides the microscopic tears.
holysnikey

by greeneyedbabe€ » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 am

I absolutely love emu oil, its kinda pricey but since you don't need a whole lot I bought the smallest bottle and I have had it for quite a while now, I like that it doesn't have a smell and with it being a oil it cleans up alot easier than I expected it too. And this is kinda weird but it also helps my face with breakouts and mouisterization....in the winter time I have really dry skin. I never thought about using it on my face til my mimi suggested it and my doc said it was ok to try it out......anywho just my opinion but I llllloooooooovvvvvvvveeeeeeee the stuff:D
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by JohnnyQuest » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:06 am

Would you happen to know any retailers to get Emu oil at? I'm looking it up just wondering if all types are safe for skin or should I look for the pure grade a type only?
Dj Johnny Quest
2 tattoos, snakebites
On a journey from 10g to 0g
JohnnyQuest

Next

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety