double flare stuck in ear what to do?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by ishouldtellyou » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

So I got this eyelet:
http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdeta ... uctID=7449
yesterday, 6ga, and I was really excited so I put it in straightaway. It was tight getting in but I did it!
Now it's stuck and I can't get it out.. I tried a hot compress (because hot showers are often recommended for putting in plugs but I didn't have time for a shower) and lots of vitamin E oil, but it's not budging. I just noticed this morning that my skin is torn a bit so I'd like to get this one out and one of my smaller plugs in so that it can heal ASAP.
I'd like to try ice to bring down any swelling and give the earring more room to move - will this work? Do anyone have any better ideas? I'm about to go to the art department on my campus and see what kind of glass cutting implements will be delicate enough to get this close to my skull and cut the back flare off...
:( :( thanks for any advice!
ishouldtellyou

by DubstepPanda » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 am

Hot showers are good for stretching because it makes the skin more moisturised and the heat loosens it. Compresses, I think, wouldn't work for the reason it isn't wet.

Wait a week or two for your ears to heal over, and then when they are, spend a week where everyday in the shower, you take time to massage your lobes with mild, gentle soap like Johnson & Johnson's Vanilla Oatmeal baby wash (I use it because it smells great and doesn't hurt for me, but I have never used it on broken skin/brand-new stretches, so I wouldn't know.)

When you are just sitting around watching T.V. or on the computer, also take care to massage your lobes. This will give your skin more elasticity and then when you notice the eyelet sliding around/turning in your ear, take a hot, long shower to further ease your lobes.

Dab a few drops of Vitamin E/Jojoba oil on your ears on both sides of the left and the right lobe. Massage your ears one more time for good measure, and slide it out gently by trying to take it out backwards, and at an angle so you pull out the front bottom half first.

OH. I SHOULD TELL YOU THAT IF IT DOESN'T STOP SWELLING FOR MORE THAN THREE DAYS, THAT'S A SIGN YOU NEED TO START DOING SALINE RINSES BY SPRAYING IT ON YOUR EARS ON THE FRONTS AND THE BACKS AS YOU TWIRL THE EYELET. THAT BROUGHT DOWN THE GIANT SWELLING PROBLEM I HAD WHEN I STRETCHED FROM 2G TO 0G. IT'D BE THE BEST BET TO GET H20 SALT SOAK MEANT FOR PIERCINGS, BUT I WAS BROKE AND I USED MY SENSITIVE CARE SALINE SOLUTION MEANT FOR CONTACTS.

Sorry for the caps, hope I was helpful. (:
CURRENT:
Left lobe: 5/8". Right lobe: 9/16"
Goal size: 3/4" (both ears)

RETIRED:
16g Snakebites(x2)
14g Septum.

SOON:
Snakebites again.
DubstepPanda

by ishouldtellyou » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Thanks for the advice! I had to get the eyelet out quickly, as I work in a high school and stretched ears are not exactly appropriate, so the next day I held an icepack to my ear for about an hour and just yanked the thing out. It did not swell up or bleed at all, but I did lose a chunk of skin.
I've gone back down a size and I figure I'll let it heal for at least a month before I do anything exciting with it and see how that goes.
Thanks again for the reply! :)
ishouldtellyou

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety