plugs.....argh

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by greeneyedbabe€ » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:13 am

I just wanted to point out that not all plugs are new user friendly. Whether be glass, stone, bone acrylic....I only say this bc recently I bought a pair of plugs and they came with o rings but what I didn't notice is that under that o ring is a groove to hold it in place, not that it caused damage to my lobes but just the fact that for a new stretcher those grooves could be a horrible experience they kinda grab at the inner ear. Just a fair warning make sure to carefully examine jewlery and if your 2nd guessing it don't buy it go with your gut feeling.

Now currently a 0g and after a sss today my ears feel the best they have ever felt except I think now that I have met my goal I wish to see what happens, but since this a new bigger size to me I think I will wait 6-8 months before deciding if I will stretch again bc I have noticed that for me the bigger I stretch the longer my ears take to heal.....

Anywho just wanted to throw that warning out there, so that we all have beautiful small or big healthy lobes and no uh-ohs
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by Spouch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:26 am

I was totally a victim of those grooves you're talking about. Ever since I started stretching I only used Acrylic Tapers for stretching and leave in jewelry *face palm*. I figured "This isn't rocket science, I know what I'm doing". Then when I was at 4g I stumbled across this forum and started to see how retarded I had been. So when I did my stretch to 2g I thought "Okay, tapers first then slide in plugs right after...". Long story short, one of the plugs got stuck halfway because of the groove and wouldn't budge in or out and I ended up ripping it out, bleeding and immediately downsized. Now, I'm frantically battling the aftermath with all sorts of oils and creams. No fun. To top it all off, I'm one of those OCD individuals and cannot stand being lopsided >.<
Spouch

by greeneyedbabe€ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:38 am

Yeah those grooves suck, but I have noticed that the surgical steel plugs that have a groove in them aren't at all bad like the acrylic ones, but once your ears are healed they aren't bad I just waited til I got to the 3 week mark before I put the acrylics in and it didn't snag on my lobe, also if you wear a slightly heavier plug the acrylics are so much easier to get in and so are the silcone plugs....just remember sss and massages are those of us stretchers best friends....Happy Stretching
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety