Problems with my plug

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Beckuu » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:23 pm

A few days ago I stretched my ear to 10mm, after waiting for two months at 8mm

I used a spiral and plenty of lubricant and it slid in nicely.

I then left the spiral in for a day (my ears tend to flare up if I put plugs in straight away for some reason) and later on I decided my ear seemed happy enough so I put my plug in (I'm not sure what the technical name for this type of plug is, but it has a back which screws on) but it was just a tad tight so i lubed it up with plenty of vitamin E oil and slowly eased it in.

I woke up this morning, and it was a bit irritated, I cleaned it but didn't really think anything of it. But when I got back from college it stung, a lot. So I took it out to have a look and I seem to have caught the edge of the plug on my ear, because it was bleeding a little bit.

I know this isn't as a result of stretching too fast, and it's definately not blown out, but what should I do now? How should I help my ears recover? And what sort of plugs would you suggest I buy and wear? (I've put the spiral back in for now, but it's a tad heavy and impractical and I know I shouldn't be wearing it for a long period of time)

Any help would be gladly appreciated :)
Beckuu

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 am

go back down to 8 mm and wait for them to heal (id reccomend at least a month)

then, when you decide to stretch back up use a no flare or single flare jewelry. also stay away from vit e oil until your lobes are healed because it can really irritate your ears. if you prefer to use oil then use joboba oil because it is very mild on the ears.

take care! hope everything works out for you :)
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by greeneyedbabe€ » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:27 am

You could try emu oil instead of jojoba oil, it just depends on the person, I like emu oil bc to me it leaves little to no residue on my skin and even though jojoba is supposed to be allergenic free or so I have read, it broke the skin out everywhere I touched my face, neck and ears....but everyones skin is different.....either one works for the majority
**Beauty is only skindeep**
greeneyedbabe€

by Beckuu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:01 pm

Thanks for the advice :D after literally one night of sleeping in my steel no flare 8mm plug, my ears miraculously healed, no joke :P my ears have shrunk a little, but not all the way down to 8mm yet, so providing that they don't shrink too much the stretch back to 10 in a few weeks shouldn't be too difficult ^.^ (my ears don't like 2mm jumps at all, and I haven't found ANYWHERE yet that sells inbetween sizes yet so it generally takes me about a week to go up a size)
Beckuu

by greeneyedbabe€ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:24 am

Never use plastic or wood in a fresh stretch as these are porous materials can can harbor bacteria you should always use class or really good grades of surgical steel or titanium
greeneyedbabe€

by greeneyedbabe€ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm

Acrylic is a form of plastic, and it is porous it is also not recommened for fresh stretches and the majority of ppl in this forum would give the same advice that I have given. Some ppl react badly to acrylic even in completely healed ears, but really they are your ears you can either take the good advice given or not its your choice and its your ears. But if I were you or anybody else I would look up ear stretching and techniques on ear stretching that's where alot of advice comes from and ppl like pauly. Bc stretching is not susposed to hurt and they are not supposed to bleed and if they do it means you are damaging your lobes and your not doing it correctly, but hey I am not a professional so why listen. If your ears permenatly look like catbutt or nasty instead of perfect round holes, well that's your buisness and you will have to live with it, not me and not anyone else on this forum so....
greeneyedbabe€

by greeneyedbabe€ » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:12 pm

Sorry I really wasn't meaning to be rude or in an uproar its been a long day and I am slightly irratatable, not much sleep last night anywho just wanted to apologize
greeneyedbabe€

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety