2g -> 0g

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Osito » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:43 am

I've got 5 layers of tape around my 2g plugs, but comparing them to my new stainless steal 0g plugs, I can tell that it's going to take quite a long time to get there.

Please post your experiences - I'm trying to get a frame of reference for myself. How long did it take you? How often did you add tape, and how many layers at a time did you add? How many layers, total, would you say it took you? I know everyone is different but I'd like to have at least a vague idea of how far I am from my goal :]
Osito

by pedrojalapeno » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:15 am

I've never used the tape method, heard its great for slow painless stretching. Slow isn't bad, don't get me wrong. But, I personally just shoved my lived up 0g tapers thru. I busted my ear, it did heal up, but hurt like crazy!! I would add a couple wraps every few days, or how ever often u r comfortable with. Go a few wraps larger than the 0g so they slide right in. Idk if this helps, but your welcome anyway, lol
I feel sorry for any man that doesn't drink, because when he wakes up, thats the best feeling he's going to have all day. -Frank Sinatra

5/8g in both ears
14 Tats, lots more to come
Have had 12g in both nipples and 8g in septum
Want to get dolphin bites
pedrojalapeno

by rn139 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:08 am

you're doing the right thing by stretching slowly. Your ears will not tear or develop scar tissue, and it will be easier if you decide to continue to stretch. I would try adding a new layer weekly to give your lobes time to adapt to the stretches. If the plugs rotate easily and you don't feel any tenderness or have discharge on the plugs, you may even be able to add every few days. Keep them nice and moist with jojoba oil. it may take several weeks to get to the 0, but your ears will love you for being patient. A few weeks is a short time to wait for life long, healthy, good looking ears.
rn139

by Osito » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:21 am

I don't mind being patient, just trying to get an idea of how long it takes for other people.
Osito

by annieinwonderland » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:49 pm

I too would be interested to hear other people's experiences on this, I'm at 2g at the moment (well, on my right ear which is slightly ahead of my left) and looking to use the taping method to get to 0g : )
annieinwonderland

Return to Aftercare, Healing and Safety