Few questions from a beginner! :P

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Diavolos » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 am

Hi to all, I just decided and started to stretch my ears and here are my couple of questions.

1- Is it ok to keed ear tapers in to stretch? (not insertion tapers)
2- Should I really insert my taper/jewlery using a insertion taper or I can be just fine without it? (I personnaly think an insertion taper would be more for single and double flared tunnels.)
3- Is water based lube that bad? can I use vaseline?
4- When I started stretching, I've inserted a 14g taper wich went through really easily (duh!), after i've inserted a 12g wich went in and out also without any resistance/pain/burning and finally I stuck a 10g taper in wich gave resistance plus burning but got in without need of really forcing it (without lube too...). The thing is when I remove my taper twice per day to clean it as well as my ear lobe, i've noticed a tiny red crust on my taper (real tiny like 3-4 mm long), for sure it's blood/deadskin or whatever so it got me worried a bit. Is this normal? should I downsize? I've read some article on the net saying if your ear start bleeding when you stretched you need to downside but I expected the ear bleeding thing to be alot more apparent that what I am having right now. :?

Anyway thanks for helping and sorry for all the beginenr questions
Diavolos

by Nic » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:51 pm

lol sup man, gratz! yah its ok to keep tapers in atvlow sizes the only time is when u get about 0g that u shouldnt keep em in. i wore tapers till like 2G. i personally think insertion tapers are a waste of money, stainless steel regular tapers are cheaper and i think more reliable. yea u can use vaseline for sure, its actually oil based lubes that are supposedly bad but i have had no trouble, just listen to ur body and ull be fine. that red crust means u stretched a lil fast and stressed ur lobes. this happened to me before and basically i inspected the holes for tears or rips and found none so i didnt downsize. it could also just be ear cheese lol does it stink? hope this helped, happy stretching ^_^
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Diavolos » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 pm

Ok nice then, I will go back to my 10g instead of 12g. thank you for everything dude.
Diavolos

by Tom » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:00 am

Hey! i just wanted to add, dont take your tappers out twice a day! This causes irritation on your gauges. Only take your tapers out when your ready to put new jewelry in or until they are fully healed. I would definitely recommend using stainless steel tapers when you stretching your ears.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by Diavolos » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 am

Well how can I clean my ear without removing it? I will listen to what you just told me but I'm just curious.
Diavolos

by Nic » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:12 am

haha ya, no problem bro. tomegun means that when u first stretch the holes, the inside of the fistula has micro tears that need to heal so if u remove ur jewelry then u may cause scar tissue by takin it out when its not healed. i usually wait a week before takin it out.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:07 am

1- Are you talking about wearing tapers as jewelry after you stretch? It's usually not a good idea... they get knocked around and can irritate your lobes.
2- I'm not exactly sure what you mean with this one, but generally what you're supposed to do is follow the taper with the plug... as long as you're using single-flared jewelry (you should never stretch with double flares) it shouldn't be a problem.
3- Vaseline really isn't a good idea because it can harbor bacteria. Get some water-based sex lube or something like emu oil, jojoba oil, vitamin E oil, naked oil, etc. Those are really the best things, plus massaging your lobes with them is really beneficial.
4- Do you mean you went from 14G to 10G all in a row? If so, downsize. It's never a good idea to skip sizes, even at smaller gauges. Go back to 14G and wait about six weeks between every size. It's not a race, and your ears will thank you for it later!
Happy stretching!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Diavolos » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you very much all of you I will take consideration of your advices, I am sure they will help me a lot! So I must not take them out, I should not use vaseline

thanks again
Diavolos

Return to New To Stretching