Need info

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by TonyxMAE » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 am

So i've been thinking about stretching for a while. One question i have is, is there anyway i can stretch without using tapers? i just simply dont like the way the look.
and what would be a good gauge to start at from a normal piercing?
TonyxMAE

by Acacia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 am

The tapers are not to be worn as jewellery- you only use them to slide through and then immediately following that, you put a plug in.
Acacia

by Drrob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:31 pm

What I do or are doing is have my piercer do my gauging up for me, he uses tapers and I supply the tunnel/plug.
Doing it this way when you are starting out makes sense to me as if you are doing it yourself and you feel pain you will stop.

I also started with an initial 4mm / 6 Gauge Cannula Needle piercing as I had not had been pierced before.

The above is all dependent if you have a local piercer who can do stretching and that you trust him to do it correctly and safely.
These are really important as some think they can but maybe give bad advice and stretch you quicker without allowing the tissue to heal inside the hole.

In the end the decision is yours and yours alone.

I hope this is of interest.

Regards
Dr Rob.
:)
Drrob

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:12 pm

You just stretch with tapers you dont wear them as jewelerry. You replace the taper with the same size of plug preferably stainless steel or something that won't cause problems!
HiMyNameIsMegan

by Acacia » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:10 pm

If you want to stretch with something you leave in the ear, try cresents or spirals- preferably in glass, steel or titanium.
Acacia

by TonyxMAE » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:06 pm

I know they're used for the stretching, i just wanted to know if there was anything i could use to substitute it.
Any other info on what size to start on?
Thanks everyone.
TonyxMAE

by loiselisabeth » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:18 pm

I stretched with spirals and pinchers ;-) Tapers are not a very good idea because the weight is uneven and they are uncomfortable to wear.

A good size to start is 14g.
0g lobe
loiselisabeth

by TonyxMAE » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:46 am

Ok. Thanks for all the information everyone. :)
TonyxMAE

by Acacia » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:47 am

So far I have never used a taper, I have used pinchers/cresents and spirals in glass or steel. And I want to try taping next when I get to a big enough size.
Acacia

by WindowLicker » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:15 pm

As for what size to start at it depends on what size you want to reach. If you don't know exactly it helps to at least have a general idea. When I first got my ears pierced I knew right off the bat I'd want my lobes stretched to 00g, so I pierced at an 8g. If you know for a fact you wanna go up to a larger size but they don't have a needle for that size, use the biggest one they've got, trust me the size doesn't make it hurt any more or less. I didn't even feel it when they put the needle through my ears. If however, you know you don't wanna go very big (smaller than 00g) just pierce at the size you want to be at.
The sound of gun fire so loud and rapid, but it seems to be so quiet around me, and out of nowhere I feel peace cover me. I reach down and reload my ticket home. The taste of cold steel on my lips, and a second later silence fills the January air...
WindowLicker

Next

Return to New To Stretching