Advice needed!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by JPU » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi

I really want to get my ears stretched. Big BUT! I don't have my ear pierced at the moment. All the info I've read says go to a professional piercer and get it done with a needle which makes sense.

I'm not trying to go for a quick fix, but hate the normal studs etc that go with a standard piercing whilst it heals. Would a professional piercer do a 2mm/12 guage piercing straight off? If so, I've seen several surgical steel or Blackline flesh tunnels this size. Can I get one of these inserted straight after the piercing and wear whilst it heals and the 6 months before I start stretching?

Thanks in advance
James
JPU

by Nic » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:11 am

well, yeah u can have them pierced at a bigger gauge. i personally just did em myself and my ears are at 0 and fine.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Tom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 pm

I went to a shop to have mine done. Anywhere from a 14G to a 10G i think is fine for you to get your ears pierced at. Yes surgical steel would be the right plug to get in this situation. Wait till your gauges are fully healed, but i think like 2 months would be plenty of time.
Stretch On!
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by JPU » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for the replies. I went to 3 different piercers yesterday and they all refused to do anything other than a standard piercing. To be fair they were all really good and took the time to explain their reasons why and even showed me photos of people who stretched too much too quickly. So I ended up with a standard stud for now and can't wait for June when I can start stretching!
JPU

by corazon_de_oro » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 pm

I got pierced at 10G... it was really bloody but didn't hurt much more than or take any longer to heal than a "normal" piercing. I stretched to 8G almost 6 months later, now I'm at 6G in my right ear and still 8G in my left. I haven't had any problems and I'm glad I started at a decent size to get all the tiny ones out of the way.
Just out of curiosity, what reasons did they give you for not piercing you at a larger gauge? And they didn't do it with a gun, did they? 'Cause any piercer who will use one of those is not a professional!
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by JPU » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am

Hi

The reasons they gave were:
Less traumatic to the ear so faster healing
Smaller wound and no/less blood = reduced chances of infection
In the future, if you don't want it any more there is more chance of it healing back.

No, they didn't use a gun, it was a cannula.
JPU

by Brittkneexo » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 pm

piercing guns are really bad to use for piercing your ears.
Brittkneexo

by Nick » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 am

Essentially the reasons that that gave are valid, but an underlying reason was that if something bad does happen to your ear it looks bad on the piercer. So they try to avoid hazardous piercings.
Nick

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:45 am

There's no reason not to pierce at 12G... it's exactly the same procedure. Any piercer who says they won't do anything above 14G doesn't really know what they're talking about. A large-gauge piercing doesn't present any more problems than a 14G one... if they can do 14 they can AT LEAST do 12. Like I said, I was pierced at 10G and they healed totally fine.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching