Family has "weak" ear lobes...?

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Chantelle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:36 am

So i had my hair pulled back a few days ago and my mom made a comment on my ears (which happen to be stretched to 6g at the moment) about how she should have told me of our families history with "weak ear lobes" sooner. Now...i am usually too nice to call people on their BS especially since its my own mom...but seriously :roll: She had the nerve to show me one of her ears whose hole was slopping down a bit with her hoops in it, however her other ear's hole looks perfectly fine. Im almost 98% sure its her use of heavier earrings over her years but she insists that this "ear sagging thing" runs in our genes. Even going as far as giving me a sob story about my great grandma who had to have sergery on her ears because they ripped. But her little stunt did its job, i starting thinking. "well what if..." even taking into account that i may have inherited my dads ears, it still bothers me.
Chantelle

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Stretching your ears will actually help with this! Larger-gauge piercings are less prone to migration, which is why a lot of piercings like eyebrows, VCHs, navels, cheeks, etc. do better at 12G or so. Standard earrings are waaay too thin to be wearing in a piercing (one of the million reasons piercing guns an the jewelry for them suck) and they can slice through the hole very easily over time. Especially if you wear heavy earrings. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 am

im surprised that more people who wore those heavy earrings in the 80s didnt end up with buddha ears
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

Return to New To Stretching