a couple questions

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by yomattcortez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:30 am

ok so i have had currently at an 8 gauge and i had it for quite some time now and i decided i want to go much bigger, 00 gauge to be exact. how long do i have to wait until changing sizes again. i think im gonna get a 6, wait two weeks and continue until im at 2. from there should i wit longer before changing them for going to a 0 and 00? i want to do this right just in case i wanna go back to a smaller size(not planning to but having that window open does not hurt) my ear is very good with stretching, it closes easily when i take my earing out, and i skipped sizes a couple times without any problems(i know bad idea) biut it slid right in when i went from a 12 to an 8 a month ago, no pushing needed. plaese give me your thoughts.

thanks,

matt
yomattcortez

by Tom » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

Hey Matt
I deff think your looking at this the right way. Skipping a few sizes in the beginning im guilty of as well. Everyone's body heals differently, so if your gauges feel fine to stretch to the next size then go for it, however its always recommended to wait 4-5 weeks till the next stretch. 00G is the point of no return. Ear Stretching is addicting, eventually those 00g will look small to you.
Plugs, Tunnels, Tapers, Spirals, Rings & More UrbanBodyJewelry.com
Tom

by skylorlambert » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Yep, I'm guilty of skipping sizes myself. The reason why you don't want to do that is because it can cause tearing and build up of scar tissue which will make it harder to stretch in the future. Which I think you should already know. But yeah, just take it easy and everything will be just fine.
Currently Stretched At: 1-1/8in
Others: Snakebites, and both conchs.
Websites: Blog, Photography, Twitter, Facebook.
skylorlambert

by heyMan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:20 pm

Ditto to what these guys said. Everybody's body heals differently but patience makes all the difference in ear stretching. It should NOT hurt...

When you stretch too quickly, you always regret it later...
heyMan

Return to New To Stretching