thinking about stretching...

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by THEClaraGomes » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

i've had my ears pierced my whole life 'm thinking about streatching but i'm kind of confused bout tapers because some people say they're the best way but some people say they cause blowouts. also, i'm a girl so people say it might look weird on me, i wanna go as big as i can without looking like an idiot (not too huge though) so i'm not sure what my goal to be, (i know to start with 14g)
im also confused on when people say not to skip sizes after 6g, does that mean instead of going 6g to 4g, go 6g, 5g, 4g... etc?

haah sorry i know i asked alot but i don't wanna screw up my ears ;P

thanks ! :)
THEClaraGomes

by corazon_de_oro » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Tapers are good tools for stretching as long as you don't skip sizes or stretch too fast; don't force them if they won't fit at first. Also, remember that they're tools, not jewelry, so when you stretch you should always use a pair of plugs after the tapers.
People may say it's okay to skip sizes below 6G, but it's not. You should never skip any sizes, and the smaller ones are important because they set the foundation for your future stretches. Gauge sizes go up in even numbers, such as 16G, 14G, 12G, 10G, 8G, 6G, etc.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by inkedXdevochka » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:02 pm

@corazon_de_oro, thank you. I'm glad you said that about tapers. So many people I know that have stretched their ears have kept tapers in during the process instead of buying plugs, probably to save money. My boyfriend even suggested just keeping tapers in but I said no because as I said in the introductory forum, I want to taper as safely as possible. I guess it's sorta my OCD, but I want to avoid any scar tissue (if that's possible) or at least as minimal scar tissue as possible.
I'm Melissa.

35+ hours of tattoo work.
Both nostrils, snakebites, & navel pierced.
Lobe stretching in progress.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Poe
inkedXdevochka

Return to New To Stretching