Second time stretcher, help!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Brittttany » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:37 am

So I stretched my ears about four or five months ago. Went from an 18g to a 2g in about a week. As soon as I got to the 4g's my ears started getting a little swollen and red. I went on to the 2g anyway though and my left ear got a really, really bad infection. I ended up taking out both of the tapers and just let my ears heal up for about a month then put back in the earrings I was originally pierced with. My ears have been perfectly fine since I put back in earrings but I'm really, really wanting to stretch again! I finally put a 10g in last night and my ears are fine. I just need tips on what to and what not to do till I get to the size I want. I have very, very long hair so I've been keeping it up and away from my ears but I don't know what else I should do to keep them from getting any infections. I wash them once a day with soap and water but I'm not sure what else to do. I also need to know how long I should wait before stretching again! I would love to stretch right now but I know I can't, ah! So any input is very helpful :)
Brittttany

by Acacia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 am

Use sea salt soaks and read this:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=115
Acacia

by Hybrid » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:32 pm

Wow that many sizes in that little amount of time must have been painful. I would stay at the size you were at, 18g, for about 6 months and wait until your ears are fully healed and healthy. After that you can start SLOWLY stretching up every 6+ weeks until you get to your desired size. You should have to worry about getting it infected if you are just stretching because you should only be stretching the skin, not ripping or making an open wound.
Hybrid

Return to New To Stretching