Infected Ear - First time stretch!

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by Mister2008 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:39 am

Hey, and thank you for taking time to view my post :)

[Wall of Text , very detailed for easy info :) ]

Well basically, i have wanted to stretch my ear for a while now, iv had my ear peirced for like 2 years, and i have got my tongue peirced for about a year now, and neither problems with both.

I read up online on how to do it / info / guides and stuff. And i had alot of confidence untill now where this has really really annoyed me. But hey i guess ill learn from mistakes :D .

I started with a 2mm stretcher (plastic/acrylic) i bought from the market, i did see not to use acrylic for the first time but alot of my friends told me its fine, and i sterilised it and inserted it without no problem at all! Put it in slowly, and it just went straight in, just had a warm tingly feel slightly but no pain at all.

So i thought i might aswell buy a 4mm taper to save me coming back to town, And well about 4 hours later i slowly inserted the 4mm taper and got to half way until it started to resist and slightly hurt so i stopped, then i did it again later and untill it was in all the way. No real pain again.

Next day i removed my taper to clean my ear, and well, it was dripping quite abit of blood, i was kinda worried as there was no real pain, i dabbed it off with tissue, and cleaned it, and put my taper in.

Next day, i took it out to clean it, and its very infected, weeping and crusting up slightly, its kinda watery and yellow inside, but the taper goes in and out fine no pain what so ever.

So what i want to know is:

What should i do to clean the infection?
Iv been told that since the taper has stretched my ear shall i get a tunnel now? (Thats what i want, a steel thread tunnel)
And how long will the infection take to heal?
Shall i change my stretcher to a tunnel now while its still infected?

Sorry for the huge wall of text! Im just kinda paranoid cause i kinda did everythin right, but i guess i just got bad luck, feels like i fucked it up!

Thanks to who reads this!

~Mister
Mister2008

by StrickyCub » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:08 am

Mister2008 wrote: Im just kinda paranoid cause i kinda did everythin right,

You did everything right? Are you joking? You stretched your ear to 2mm, and then thought your ear would be ready to stretch again 4 hours later?
What did you expect? I'd like to know where you got your information from that told you to stretch every few hours.

If you're paranoid about infection, go to the doctor. Take out the acrylic, downsize back to 2mm, put in stainless steel jewellery.
Sea salt soaks, hot showers, don't twist or touch the jewellery. Let it heal and for the love of god, don't go upsizing hours after you just stretched ever again!!
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Mister2008 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:14 am

Well there was no need to explode at me for that man, yeah im new to it, and like i said ill learn mistakes. And basically, i read on alot of websites, to stretch when im ready again E.G. when it isnt hurting, and the taper is easily going in through and out.

And yeah ill clean it out, umm but , question , Shall i go back and put my 2mm Acrylic taper in OR should i got buy a 3.4m / 2.4m steel tunnel, or just go and buy a 2mm steel taper?
Mister2008

by StrickyCub » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am

I didn't mean to explode, but we get posts just like yours nearly every single day, and at times it can be frustrating.
Not just at people who think they know what they're doing, but also what kind of information websites are actually putting into peoples heads.
I would advise against putting acrylic back into an infected ear, as Acrylic absorbs bacteria, and it can make it well.... mangy.
Go out and get a stainless steel 2mm tunnel. Don't use acrylic and don't use tapers.
Piercings: 7mm Left Lobe, Right Helix x2, nose, labret, left eyebrow x2
~~~~
Want:
Tongue
Snakebites
Nipples (after chest surgery)
Tragus

StrickyCub

by Empathy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:36 pm

scar tissue ahoy, but well, if people didn't make mistakes they wouldnt learn soo i guess it's okkay, but just keep a 4mm titanium if possible tunnel in there, clean in everyday and you should be fine, to stretch again in a few months
Empathy

by corazon_de_oro » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:44 pm

It doesn't sound like an infection, it just sounds like you tore your ear because you skipped several sizes in one day... Downsize, downsize, downsize and do sea salt soaks. Don't stretch again until your ears are fully healed and you're willing to wait. Stretching requires time and patience.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by Mister2008 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 am

Thanks guys, well ill go get a 3mm steel/titanium tunnel (depending on how much money i have to spend ) and like put that in and continue to clean it.

Thanks,

PS : im not willin to stretch it further, but maybe 6mm in the future, cheers.
Mister2008

Return to New To Stretching