Best method

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by trey3993 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 pm

I was wondering what the best method of stretching would be. I heard using tapers can cause blowouts and dead stretching will really fuck up your ears. What would you guys recommend?
trey3993

by corazon_de_oro » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Every method has its advantages and disadvantages. If your ears are completely ready to stretch it doesn't matter too much. For example, I've dead-stretched the last two times and it was easy/completely painless because I'd been at the previous size for a long time and my ears were loosened up. For me it was a lot easier than using tapers, but there's nothing wrong with using them as long as your lobes are ready.

Taping is another method of stretching and it's very safe because it's so gradual. You wrap a layer of PTFE/plumber's tape around a plug every other day or so until you reach the next size. One thing about taping is that you have to keep the tape really well-oiled or it can stick to your lobes.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Return to New To Stretching