help me please

Forum rules
NO SPAM

by crack ho fo sho » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:03 am

so i dont even have my ears pierced yet.. they were pierced with a tack a while ago on a dare but i never wore earings so they healed over. ive contacted a piercer and she said i can just pierce a new hole right through the scar tissue (there are lil balls built up in my lobes from when they healed over). my question is, can i get them pierced at a 6 or 8 gauge or do i have to start at 18 or whatever? another question i have is do i have to wait two months in between stretches? two of my friendswho have huge ears are telling me that its fine to stretch every two weeks until 4g, but everyone else i have talked to says take the long route. i am impatient as fuck and not adverse to pain (i have a tattoo and other piercings). what do i do? :ugeek:
crack ho fo sho

by Nic » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am

lol dude. First! U sound exactly like how i was when i started. xD lol so second. U should get ur ears pierced by sumone u trust if not by a professional (its an ear piercing bro, honestly, mine were safety pin piercings ) Keep it clean, use H2Ocean, its worth the 15 bucks. It will save u. I only waited 2 weeks between every size, but when i stretched i only had minor burning, no real pain. Everyone else on this site will tell u to wait like months between each size. Realistically speakin an based how i myself stretched an wat u have told me about urself, waiting months just aint gunna happen. Its better for u, but u can safely do it the alternative way. Just seriously, dont push the taper if it hurts! I did this and i ripped my stupid left ear. Now its harder to stretch and it leads to more problems in stretching. Listen to your body. Dont force it. Only use tapers till 0g then start taping. Adding a layer of tape every other day or however much u feel is appropriate. good luck with ur ears man =D . Listen to yo body damnit!!!!
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by Drrob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:28 am

I have recently had my ears pierced at a 6 Gauge from not being pierced at all before, I would highly recommend having a large gauge initial piercing but you must go to a piercer who has done this before.
I cannot comment on stretching as yet but I would recommend taking your time and allowing your ears to fully heal before attempting the next gauge.

Regards
Dr Rob.
:)
Drrob

by HiMyNameIsMegan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:02 pm

If you are impatient ear stretching isnt for you ^.^ depends how fast your ears heal i suppose ;O. You want big healthy lobes dont you ?
HiMyNameIsMegan

by Hardware » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:06 am

As a piercer, I would tell you to go talk to a professional piercer. It doesn't cost any money to ask questions and see if you can get them pierced at 6G. It's also true that if you are not patient than ear stretching may not be your thing as it requires a lot of patience. If you look up the origins of ear stretching you will understand a lot more. I personally got into it over 10 years ago and it is a lifestyle for me (I'm 28 years old).

I also can take a lot of pain... I over 33 piercings, countless hours of tattoo sessions, dermal anchoring and scarification work. However, I don't let my pride of 'pain taking' effect my ability to be patient, and neither should you. It takes a lot less time and effort (and money) to create damage than it is to fix it, my advice is to take your time and go slow. This is a body Modification after all... nobody should be in a rush to have jacked up earlobes.
It's not a revolution, it's a lifestyle.
Hardware

by corazon_de_oro » Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:06 am

Nic, stop giving people bad advice. A safety pin is a safety pin, and no matter where you put it (ear, nose, tongue, whatever) it's still going to have the same germs on it. I don't care if you think you're sterilizing it, there's nothing you can do at home to kill all the bacteria unless you own an autoclave. Safety pins are made of crappy metal (they're not made to go in your body so they shouldn't!) and "standard" earrings usually are too. It's not okay just because it's an earlobe. Also, just because you went up one size every two weeks doesn't mean everyone can do that. If you tore your earlobe you shouldn't tell someone else to do what you did.

Anyway, I would highly recommend getting pierced at a larger gauge; there's really no reason not to. I got pierced at 10G and I'm glad I did. Just make sure you wait quite a while after the initial piercing to begin stretching. It's not enough just to wait until they're healed, you need to wait until they heal AND are strong/loosened up enough to stretch, which is usually about 5-6 months. One size every 6-8 weeks is recommended, but really the best thing to do is just wait until you have no pain or resistance. I personally waited 8-10+ weeks between every size but I'm a slow healer so I guess it took my skin a while to loosen up.

Like someone else said, if you're an impatient person, stretching probably isn't for you. It's likely that you'll have stretched ears for the rest of your life so why not make them as healthy and good-looking as possible? A lot of people with stretched ears will tell you they stretch fast and are fine but really it's not worth the risk. You might end up not having problems but you also might end up like one of these people: http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii9/ ... slideshow/ In some cultures, stretching symbolizes patience and I really like that idea. I've always been a really patient person so I feel like stretching symbolizes that in a way for me, too. Just some food for thought! Good luck with your stretching. :)
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

by crack ho fo sho » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:08 pm

ive decided to pierce them at 6g in a couple days. im pretty stoked but do i really have to wait six to eight weeks? that seems a little excessove but i most certainly do not want a blowout
crack ho fo sho

by Nic » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:36 pm

lol nice. haha i only waited like 1 week. Everyones different tho, urs might take a while to heal. They prolly will at 6g, its ur call, i would reccomend waiting till u think they are healed enuf to stretch.
Left Lobe = 1 3/8in.
Right Lobe = 1, 3/8 in.
16g Bridge/Earl
14g/ 16g spider bites both sides
14g Tongue
6g Septum
Upcoming:
16g Angel bites
Retired:
Industrial
Nic

by TheGreyEyedMonster » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 am

no you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks. you should wait 4-5 MONTHS for initial piercings.
"We think caged birds sing, when indeed they cry out."

Have
10mm Lobes (to be 16mm)
(R)Helix
Want
(L)ear- Double Helix, Tragus, Rook, 2nd&3rd Lobes
(R)ear- 6g Helix Punch, Industrial, 2nd&3rd Lobes
Nape
Tongue Web
(R)Nostril
TheGreyEyedMonster

by corazon_de_oro » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 am

^ Agreed. If you get them pierced they'll be healed in about 8+ weeks but they won't be ready to stretch until they're about six months old. And once you begin stretching it is highly recommended that you wait at least 6-8 weeks between sizes. It's really not that long and it's certainly not unrealistic. Do what I did and buy some nice jewelry at your initial piercing size so you won't be tempted to stretch early. If you're getting pierced at 6G you'll already have the stretched ear look.
I'm Lindsay.
I have 1/2" lobes and 11 piercings: left helix x2, both conches, both nostrils, septum, navel, and VCH.
My lobes are small but I know a lot about stretching and how to do it safely, so message me if you have any questions!
corazon_de_oro

Next

Return to New To Stretching